1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Any bikers lurking around in here?

Discussion in 'General' started by clumsybiker, 20 May 2004.

1. clumsybiker

clumsybiker What's a Dremel?

Lots of shiny motors in this forum, but is anyone in here more of the two-wheeled persuasion?

Anyway, this is my current ride:

[​IMG]

not as fast as the fireblade I had before it, but then I kinda "parked" that under a car at high speed. Oops :duh:

Last edited: 20 May 2004
  2. prix0r

prix0r What's a Dremel?

Me Me

I am...what you would call a bike nut! Actually anything having to do with a motor I love. I have two four wheeler frames sitting in my living room right now waiting to be powdercoated tomorrow night, and the cylinders to both of those at my work waiting to be bored/ported and have a cam put in.
    I dont have a bike right now because of parentals...next spring the time will come, and I shall be riding on an R6 or a GSX-R600. Hopefully before I graduate high school and can be rollin in on a crotch rocket, but thats the future..
    just though id offer my input
    prix0r

3. MarcelloRupelli

MarcelloRupelli What's a Dremel?

I tried starting one of these threads a while ago, but no one replied. Anyway, two of my brothers, my dad and I all have bikes.

My 1985 Suzuki Katana 750:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My brother Grant's 1988 Honda Hawk GT:
    [​IMG]

My brother Paul's 1992 Honda CBR600:
    [​IMG]

My dad's 2003 Aprilia Futura 1000:
    [​IMG]

I bought the Katana in '99 as a complete and running bike for $1200 in Toronto. Rebuilt it from '02 to '03. Wheels and front end from a '95 Katana600. New paint, near the original colors. GSXR brakes.

Grant bought the Hawk from a used bike and parts dealer in Kitchener, Ont. in '02. It was a wreck and he had to replace the whole front end. I painted it for him.

Paul bought his CBR with low miles in perfect shape in '99. Swapped on a HawkGT swingarm in '00.

My dad caught the bug after watching us attend a riding class at a road course last year. That was a blast. The Aprilia is so sweet.

4. prix0r

prix0r What's a Dremel?

that CBR looks incredible. Those older CBR's look REALLY nice for being as old as they are, IF theyre kept up, as I can tell, his was!

5. MarcelloRupelli

MarcelloRupelli What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I think that style CBR is one of the benchmark sport bikes. Kind of the last of the old school. Steel frame well hidden by lots of bodywork. My Katana is kinda the early part of the old school. Steel frame, air-cooled engine, but newer than the dual rear shock bikes. Seems like since the mid-90s, things have just gotten lighter and more compact every year. I have a hard time justifying a new bike when next year's will make it an embarassment to ride. *shrugs* Ohwell.

What's the scoop on your ride there? The six pot calipers up front make me think it's a GSXR or a Ninja, but it doesn't have inverted forks. Sharp bike tho. Love the paint :)

6. clumsybiker

clumsybiker What's a Dremel?

Mine's a 1997 ZX-6R Ninja. The blue/yellow job looks good from a distance, but I've gotta get it re-done soon - this uk weather (and some of our crappy roads) will either corrode, stone-chip or generally eat a bike!

Had a nice fireblade last year, black with gold bellypan. The plan was to add JohnPlayerSpecial gold decals, but I crashed it into a couple of cars after only 5 weeks of ownership. Pics of original blade and wreckage at www.clumsybiker.com, plus a few other shots of bike-related fun :D

7. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

i want one of these
    [​IMG]

EDIT:kill for one of these or just that one.

8. magicpixel

magicpixel What's a Dremel?

Glad to see your ok :thumb:
    BTW I has me the 900 fireblade (older '94 model) Man she kicks some serious @ss :naughty: . I'll pull out the cam and post a pic later.
    Also had a race prepaird Honda NSR 250. Nothing like scrapping your knees around the circuit on a Sunday morning. Damn I miss those days :sigh:

Chris.

Tags: