1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding New french Mod on Lian li - The DSIGN Project

Discussion in 'Modding' started by niktard, 21 May 2004.

1. niktard

niktard What's a Dremel?

hello all :clap: et salut aux frenchies qui squattent bit-tech ( alonzo_ ' , avner, piloux,etc..) ...<= they are for me like master in this art , because modding is art for me ! :hip:

so i present you my first mod, do with only one dremel !! :D ...

I would like to have a mod on the theme of " japan " with some dragons and kanji ... the mod which inspired me is the H²O mod :

http://www.computer-d-sign.de/H20.html

so beautifull , perfect ! :naughty:

so i bought a lian li pc0700 and i began cutting it ( " oh my god !!! he's crazy!!!! not a lian li !!! :duh: :D ) - i love dremel :dremel:

[​IMG]

As i hadn't found some pics represent some dragons ( tribal , tatto , etc... ) i decided to draw it myself ( as i draw since i 've 5 years and i was in a art school befaure behing in university ) - afeter 3 or 4 draw , that was the result :

[​IMG]
    ©niktard :D

after more a 20 hours of cutting ( not in the same journey ! but in a month ) and very other things do on the tower , there is the result :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the top :
    [​IMG]

light on
    [​IMG]

light off
    [​IMG]

some originals part of the mod :

- the free 5"25 bay
    [​IMG]

- the hdd bay
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

right panel :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the PSU modded :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

with a blue fan led into.

a 3/4 view :

[​IMG]

2. niktard

niktard What's a Dremel?

some other pics :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

for more pics and explaination :

http://www.nokytech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20358

it very difficult for me to write in english ! :yawn:

now i prepare a new mod ( based on a noname ) with a watercooling ( my first too ) and on the theme of DOUBLE DRAGON ( a game on master system i had )

3. rob_65

rob_65 What's a Dremel?

Very, Very well done! I LOVE that side panel of the dragon, absolutely love it..

Very original and well executed, :) Do another :)!

4. verse

verse What's a Dremel?

Great work :D

5. Zion

Zion What's a Dremel?

That dragon is wicked man. Your design is one of the best dragon I have ever seen . You also did a sweet job on the cutting. All in all it rocks :rock:

6. niktard

niktard What's a Dremel?

thanks a lot , i hope you could understand what i have wrote ! :D

i will present you the next mod i'll do , but as i begin my summer job in 30 day and i have to works for my exam in 2 weeks, i won't have time to be at 100% in the new mod... :waah:

therefore i will do the maximum to perfect it and have a well finition. :p

7. SJH

SJH Minimodder

Oui je l'ai compris bien. Ton Anglais est mieux que celui de la plupart des personnes Anglaises ici ;)

Good job on the case :thumb:

-Sam

8. niktard

niktard What's a Dremel?

lol thanks shastings, i feel better....;) ton français est pas mal non plus ( you have a well french too )

9. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

whooooo good work :thumb:

10. JRY

JRY What's a Dremel?

WoW..nice dremelling :thumb:
    wot do the japanese words mean?

11. niktard

niktard What's a Dremel?

thanks, I don't know what the japanese words mean, but the next on my futur mod will mean double dragon , its the 3 kanji which appears at the start menu of the game....:D

12. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Holy cow! That is some of the best cutting I have seen in a long time. Are you studying art at university, by any chance. I ask because you seem to have an eye for design.

The panel looks great. I really like the way you used the negative space in the corners to define the wings and tail, compared to the positive space for the body. Again, the cutting job is outstanding!

I also like the HDD bay. All those glowing circles with individual characters looks very nice.

If this case is any indication, I can't wait to see the next one!! Two thumbs up :thumb: :thumb:

-monkey

13. Penni

Penni What's a Dremel?

i bow before thee my master :eeek:
    great dremelwork. and the design... mmm. (might have used dimmer lights/diffused more) but altogether, wow!

14. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Extreeeeemely nice window

15. niktard

niktard What's a Dremel?

thx everybody , it's 01h00 AM now and i have finish the drawing of my new mod, i will create a topic when i'll began work on it , in 2 weeks ....for those who can't wait :

the original tower :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i have repainted it 3 moth ago in order to sell it and buy my watercooling...

[​IMG]

but i decided to keep it instead of buying a preatorian coolermaster to make my double dragon mod - I was affraid of doing the same thing than i 've done with the lian li.
    So i will repaint it in black with some aluminium part on it as you will see on the pictures :

the 2 sides :

[​IMG]

on the top , the right side , behind the motherboards.
    on the down , the left side, with the same technic to colored the plexy.

grey is aluminium part...

the face :
    [​IMG]
    behind the grill , i will put the plexy blue colored , and it will be depolished (?! ) to diffuse all the light....

then make a mask for the dvd , and buy a usb crystalfontz 4*20 lcd blacklight.

the top:

[​IMG]

in blue its the screw , and the circle with white bibble, is the aquatube f my WC.

the kanji used :

[​IMG]

they means probably double dragon ( it's a screen of the start menu of the game )

:dremel: ...good night all !

16. ozcar_vdb

ozcar_vdb What's a Dremel?

That Looks Friggin Great !!! :d:d:d

17. yanansi

yanansi What's a Dremel?

hi m8
    good cut work
    BTW where did u get the lcd from?

18. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

A W E S O M E .... :jawdrop:
    Are you are good with your hands or what !
    Best dragon I have ever seen !
    Keep us posted
    DB

19. niktard

niktard What's a Dremel?

don't worry , I will create a new thread for the double dragon mod When I shall have begun ...........But how being so creative as piloux when we see what he made even if aesthetically I like not the work is rich in new idea. :D

I have found a new idea exclusive in the modding case , never used , but I must test it to see the result on the case ! I am going to keep the secret until the realization of the project, which will not began before in mid-june :duh: ....I hope you will be interested in ! :dremel:

=> yanmasi : the have the lcd on at crystalfontz

www.crystalfontz.com

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Nice (moreover, original) work... I also like the moody Film Noir shots of the PC in a darkened room, lit only by the slits of daylight peering through the blinds...

What are those Kanji characters? I bet these are the scribbled incantations of mad monk Yan Chu, Zen master and guardian of the Dungeon Dimensions. In his darkened cave, misty with the smoke of hallowed incense and secret potions, he practices his deep wizardry as he engraved your PC with the magic ritual spells and sygils that will shield and protect it from the forces of evil. For know this: one cannot run such a powerful machine, designed in every aspect of its being to break down the barriers between reality and imagination, the realm of what is material and that what is thought, without risk of paying a terrible price: to lure the dogs of Tindalos, pure formless hunger that they are, to this world with its promise of form and substance where they will grind your soul between their shapeless teeth and cast its tattered remains into eternal Hell.

Yes, these Kanji characters keep the dogs at bay, and the gates firmly closed. Lest your LAN-party will turn into a real bummer of a day...

Or perhaps you just did them yourself with a Dremel, because you thought they'd look cool.

Still, to be on the safe side, make sure you place your PC in a protected circle whenever you leave it unattended, OK? :p