1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i hope you never ever see this

Discussion in 'General' started by samuelellis, 18 Aug 2002.

1. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

I just read this... sorry for the thread revival....

My GF lives on a country road (very windy)

Last year a seinor that went to my HS was racing on his motorcycle to get to the graduation ceremony, he was late. He rounded a 90 degree turn going about 95-100 mph. he was coming down the L turn and there is a vertical driveway on the horizontal Leg.

:sigh: Their garbage was picked up that day.

:sigh: :sigh: At the same time as graduation.

he clipped the rear end of the garbage truck, the front tire stayed right where it hit while the rest of the bike spun.

he was found 25 feet from the bike with a broken neck. he would have gone farther, but he landed in a ditch (hard enough to break his neck, he might've been fine if there was no ditch, there are lots of weeds for cushion there)

his parents were already at the ceremony, when they called his name and he didn't get the diploma, they got worried.

Then the Police came and told them.

thats why, no matter what, don't speed.

2. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Terrible thing :sigh:

btw, why were you browsing through 2 year-old threads? :eyebrow:

3. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

4. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

I'm just gonna sit and wait for phat to write about the cycle crash he saw... though i dont know if he will as its pretty sick

5. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Luckily I didn't see it, heard about it after. :/

You know how they mark where "bits" are found on the road? We went past a couple of days later and just picture someone throwing a handful of gravel onto the road and circling each one.

Bus was doing 60mph and the motorbike did 120mph into the front of it :/

6. [cibyr]

[cibyr] Sometimes posts here

Well, if we're gonna revive this thread for real, I might as well tell my story...

I live in Mackay, Queensland, Australia. It has been statistically shown (most acciedents/deaths/whatever per driver or something) that we have the worst drivers in Australia. I ride to school every day (pushbike), crossing the #1 highway in the process.

There is really only one "rule of the road". Stay the **** out of the way of everything else. When you're on a bike you are a vechile to pedistrians and a pedistrian to drivers. You have no right of way - hell, you have no rights.

EVERYONE here tailgates. It's common to see 5 or 6 people run into the back of each other.

So you can see why I like trains :D

7. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I saw a motorbike accident with a car, was a slow one around 30 to 50 mph. The motorbiker managed to fly from one end of the crossroad to the other and needless to say he didn't get up.

8. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

The two accidents I've witnessed , first was when I was on our school hired double decker bus with friends going home, it was the school bus basically and it stopped at a slow speed junction.

We all saw this minibus stop at a light or something and the taxi driver behind was obviously not very intelligent or had no patience at all and decided to overtake and hit the girl head on who was crossing the road ... she flew in the air and landed on the ground, ambulance came and she had no problems and left uninjured , well just a few scratches :eyebrow:

Second one was one of the large crashes, which rarely happen in Hong Kong was shown on TV and it was about 200 metres, infact on one of the flyovers near my house, i was playing cs at the time :worried: and BOOM the floor shuck i was like wtf an earthquake in hong kong ? looked out the window and the smoke was filled with thick black smoke ... I was like " :jawdrop: " ..

I later discovered that this had been an accident involving a big lorry with carrying motorcycles presumably to a dealer or something and it crashed and there was a pileup ...

Infact the explosion was so loud some windows nearby sort of cracked or even exploded :jawdrop:

9. jonesie

jonesie Minimodder

Otherwise good sense but... won't this mean that as those people are coming towards you they are concentrating totally on the phone - "Hello? Hello" - or even worse, look down to redial??

10. Howitzerflagz

Howitzerflagz What's a Dremel?

i was on the streets here in a getho zone (hard to explain why ) but some kids to stole bikers put a metal cord betwen the streets bot knock down bikers i saw one victim coming to 20 30 mph and then baww!! the cable holds him from the throat and pull him back crashing him to the floor, the kids (3 of them) starting to kick and bash him with tubes at the poor guy and take everything form him till the clothes .... my country has a beatifull side but the dark is terrible !!
    i kind of shame of it !!... :S :blush:

11. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

my dad escaped a crash once. some asian women with 5(yes 5) children in the back was driving down the road near my fathers work.at 8:55am, the time he gets there.suddenly she 'blacks out' and nails my dads car in the back.since she was speeding she destroyed the car.luckly my dad went into work early that morning ,but if he didn't they would have bin cutting him out of that car.she nailed it so bad she wrote off the car in front of my dads.
    moral of the story:go in work early.

EDIT:also once when we(my family) were driving down some B-roads and a group of bikers blast past doing 80.cut forward 10 mins later then we stop at a police road block,where some poor sod is picking a biker up with a sponge.

Last edited: 22 May 2004
  12. agent-j

agent-j Guest

treat every second like its your last

13. k3nn

k3nn What's a Dremel?

when i was about 7/8 my family and i where coming home from a holiday some palce in england. ended up taking a b-road to avoid a traffic jam on the m1/a1, come out of a junction, go 100 yards up the road and a massive tractor is coming round a hedge lined corner(5/6 foot hedges) the other way, tractor ran over the drivers side front quarter of the car, just missed the screen by a couple of inches. needless to say i was ****ing bricks at the time.

14. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

sorry to hear all those stories ... :s

I've seen a few small accidents happen in my road, or somewhere else, I was just happening to pass by.. but never any serious one's... I wouldn't know how I would react.

lets hope I never see any big accidents...

L

15. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

On friday my friend was cycling with me and got hit by a car at about 50-60mph after slowing down from around 80-100mph. I turned down a road, my friend went to follow making appropriate hand signals.

Unfortunatly the inexperienced driver just went to overtake him and hit him. My friend's head went through the windscreen and then the bonnet/windscreen flexed throwing him around 6-7ft into the air onto the ground.

Here's a pic of the car that I managed to get at the scene with my phone:

[​IMG]

It's the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life. Thankfully he's out of hospital with just major cuts on his face. All the doctors he has spoken to said he should be dead.

16. Evilbob

Evilbob What's a Dremel?

I havent really witnessed anything significant myself seen as i havent even passed my test.. worst ive had was someone overtake me on the right as i was in the middle of a right turn!! my girlfriends grandad tho was driving down quite a narrow stretch of road and saw this massive crane (a hire company) coming down the road towards him and he noticed that the crane itself was actually hanging over the road and was probably gonna take him out if he didnt pull over.. because of the nature of the road he was able to pull over somewhat but the crane tore the side of the car off like it was opening a tin can or something, the driver of course stopped went back to 'go get his insurance details' and drove off when after he'd saw the damage he'd, the car itself was a write-off and he couldn't claim much back on the insurance because the other driver just drove off, he phoned all the crane hire companies but they all said that none of them had a driver down that road at that point in time so he ended up shelling out for the majority of his new car... i think its ridiculous that people can get away with just leaving the scene of an accident and never having to worry about the other person ever again, theres gotta be someone way of policing that kind of crime?