1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding question

Discussion in 'Modding' started by modwizard, 25 May 2004.

1. modwizard

modwizard What's a Dremel?

i am a noob but i got wickid ideas. i am making my first real mod as a wood desk case. can anybody tell me where i can get the 5 1/4 bay housings.

2. czechmodder

czechmodder What's a Dremel?

you can get them from any old cases and mod them so they fit your new one. u can also make your own, and im sure there are places online that sell them. but the best way imho is to find a crappy old atx case or something like that(the desktop ones are better as opposed to the towers) and just rip it outta that

3. pears0

pears0 What's a Dremel?

I would go with Czech on this. Easiest place some old atx or at cases which im sure you could find some where, like a small company that build/upgrad computers fo businesses etc. Im sure they would have some they'd b glad to give to you. They were probly only gonna dump them any ways.

4. modwizard

in my old cases they are all like tacked in and they wont come out, im afraid to rip them out, i dont want to damage them.

5. pears0

pears0 What's a Dremel?

There probly held in with pop rivets. Its easy to get them out (and the is only 1 way) get the drill out and do a bit of case organ removal for donational purposes. Its the only way! :dremel: You've joined us now, there is no way ur getting out of it! :naughty:

6. modwizard

thanx i shall do so. i will post this case when im done so watch out for it. it will be insane. 6-8 feet tall ambout 12 feet wide. its a desk with the case on top of the deskthat is just as wide with a $900 rackmount touchscreen monitor built in so watchout.