1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Networking strange problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mistersmittyedm, 21 May 2004.

1. mistersmittyedm

mistersmittyedm What's a Dremel?

I've connected 2 old computers through DCC to learn things but I've run into a "strange?" problem.If I make computer #1,host, it can't read/see/connect to computer #2 ,guest,but computer #2 CAN see the HOST.If I reverse roles for the computers it does the same thing.
    I thought it might have been the cable so that's why I reversed.

My question's are

1)Is it possible the cable could be bad with this situation?It's a 25 foot serial cable using the Printer port.

2)Has any one run into this problem and found a solution?

I've done all the obvious things and some computer friends are also stumped at this time.Any answers or suggestions will be welcomed.

Both systems are running WIN 98 SE. :idea:

2. mushky

mushky gimme snails

No idea mate, sorry. I can only suggest getting a cross over Cat5 patch lead and a network card in each PC and making an ethernet connection.

3. billzhills

billzhills What's a Dremel?

MS Knowledge Base Article Q159578 states that VREDIR.vxd file is missing or damaged. Article gives information on how to replace this file.

4. Sniper-X

Sniper-X What's a Dremel?

also i know it is a simple thing but do you have anything shared on the other computer...i have done that before lol and felt like a dweeb lol just a thought

5. Stupendousman_13

Stupendousman_13 What's a Dremel?

Tags: