1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pumbertot............ME!

Discussion in 'General' started by pumbertot, 29 May 2004.

1. pumbertot

pumbertot Banned

Just been informed of this thread on Pclincs, went there but keeps logging me out so I will post the reply I was going to post there. If anyone wants to read the thread then look here:

http://www.pclincs.co.uk/Forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6393

My reply(which I cant seem to post there:

Just been kindly informed of this thread by someone and find it rather unpleasant to say the least.

Ok how about my side of the storey then.

Ok I reckon it was probably about 6-7months ago that I posted in the wanted forum at PClincs for a fast Athlon CPU. Pixelboy responded with a rather kind offer that he had a 2400xp that he wasnt sure worked but I was welcome to try it out. Naturally I jumped at the chance. After testing it I found that it needed 1.85Vcore just to boot up(possibly narrowing of the bridges or similar) so I made an offer for the CPU which Pixelboy refused. So I made a higher offer and then heard nothing. Finally Pixelboy replied a couple of weeks later asking if I was going to pay or not.
    Then unfortunately I was offline for a couple of weeks as I went for a holiday with the BOSS and also suffered the regular reformat of XP I get! When I got back I checked my PMs here and no reply. I sent another asking for details so I could pay him. Again no reply.With no other contact details(lost email addresses with new XP install) I had no other way to contact him. I knew he must be offline for a reason so just waited and then eventually forgot about it as I actually have a busy life outside of the forums. I have barely been on Pclincs forums for the past few months and never heard a thing.

So the bottom line is Pixelboy contact me any time on pumbertot.1@btinternet.com and I will gladly pay you for the CPU.
    If you think im the sort of person to scam someone.......especially for a measly £30 then that is your choice.Maker it £300 and i would think about it.:neener: Anyone that knows me personally or through the forums on Bit-tech, Kustom and OCUK would find this as hard to swallow as Iam.

As for making threats please dont.After you have your money you are welcome to pay me a visit if you want to take out your frustrations. I will even give you first hit but I can only but promise you that I will get the last one.Dont want to get angry on this but you really should have contacted me, even if offline im sure you could have got access somewhere.
    But i definitely do not take kindly to physical threats which I know you would not make if you saw me in person.

2. lechumbl

lechumbl What's a Dremel?

Hi Pumbertot,

I am an Admin at PCLincs.com, and I came over to visit with you.
    I was on line there and saw when you came on a little while ago.
    You account is active and not flagged, so I do not know why you could not post.
    To make a long story short, if you would like me to copy and paste your response into the other site and thread, I would be more than happy to.

Both sides of this issue needs to be presented on this and my site too.
    We have enough hate and discontent in the world to have more.

Let me know what you would like me to do.

Take care.......
    lechumbl

Last edited: 29 May 2004
  3. unclean

unclean SMP obsessive

I posted the link on the aforementioned thread, to this thread.

I hope this gets sorted, as pumbertot seems a reasonable person, and i would hate for him to be blamed for a mix up. :sigh:

4. lechumbl

Hi unclean,

I just responded to your thread on PCLincs also.
    Until Pumpertot responds with a yah or neh, let's wait for any judgements?

In my outside opinion, it looks like a good case of misunderstanding.

As far as the leg comment, take it with a grain of salt, I see it as a bad joke, more than a threat.

Take care...........

5. pumbertot

pumbertot Banned

Yes mate please do post this on Pclincs for me.I can log in etc but whenever I try to post or even send a PM it auto logs me out and when I log back in I get the invalid link followed message. :wallbash:

6. pumbertot

pumbertot Banned

thanks mate the gesture is appreciated. :D

7. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Woah, another user from around here :eek: We should start a convetion :D

I hope this all gets sorted out. I have had some nasty misunderstandings in the past. I know what it feels like to have this happen to you. :sigh: Good luck dude :thumb:

8. lechumbl

Hi Pumbertot,

OK, your whole reply/explaination has been pasted into the thread on PCLincs.
    Good luck on resolving this, I hope that both parties get the satisfaction that they want.

I hope that I have been a help on this, as we are a big happy computing family, regardless of which forums we run.

Take care..........

EDIT: Hi Roto, did not see your reply until I had already posted. Nice to see a "local" on a site. Must get together for a Starbucks. :)

9. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

:hehe:

I'm glad this looks sorted, gotta say that pumbertot has been doing a lot of trading here and there's not been any dissatisfied comments, so Pixelboy if you read this, I'm sure that it'll all get sorted out without having to resort to violence ;)

10. pumbertot

pumbertot Banned

Yeah thanks mate. Still cant do much on Pclincs. I have cookies enabled. When I go to Pclincs bookmark , Iam logged in. But whenever I try to post,PM or any such like, I get logged out automatically. :wallbash:

11. bleecher

bleecher What's a Dremel?

pumbertot, is that the same athlon u sold me a short while ago? because i need to run 1.75v thu that to make it stable.

12. pumbertot

pumbertot Banned

nah this one needed 1.85V just to boot at all(prime95 stable!). It did however do 2.6GHz with 2.1V on a vapochill but unfortunately went to CPU heaven about 3 months ago. :eeek:

Last edited: 29 May 2004
  13. Pixelboy

Pixelboy What's a Dremel?

This has been made public so I may as well keep it public, for this post anyway.

To start with, that threat about breaking your legs was not a threat, at leats i didn't intend it as a threat, i was just pointing out you gave me your address. Sorry about that.

Anyway you said it would only boot at 1.85v, funny that because I remember it would boot ok for me at 1.7v at stock speeds no problem, the only problems i encountered were when I played games and they would drop back to the desktop, i'm sure this was explained to you. I later found this dropping back to the desktop problem to be the motherboard. After you said you had to run it at a high voltage I dropped the price from £30 to £20 and you offered me £15 which i declined and asked for it to be sent back. I heard nothing from you.

My last pm to you simply said this so am i going to get it back or what?. I never recieved a reply from you. I was offline for a few months after that so couldn't contact you directly and the old pm's with you address got deleted. You never did get back to me about it...also I had given you my address both in a PM and on the back of the parcel I sent the cpu in. You could easily have sent it back 2nd class.

I'm not angry about this (although I was) and I don't want to argue.

14. pumbertot

pumbertot Banned

By 1.85V I meant prime95 stable not to boot. I always regard a CPUs stability by the voltage it needs to pass Prime95 torture test for at least 24 hours. That said at 2.1V this CPU was a stormer in a Vapochill at 2.6GHZ, but sadly died a few months back.
    I did reply to your last PM and never got a response. As for your details I had everything stored on computer and since I reformatted I lost all. Empty packaging doesnt last long in this house due to the Mrs being the tidiest person I know. And I regularly clear out my PM box at Pclincs cos at the time it was filling up quickly.

So I could only wait for your contact which came in the form of that thread.
    There is no argument here at all, email me your details and will send you £20 for it if thats ok, as I said CPU is in heaven just now so cant return it.

I should add its a shame this had to become public and if anyone has a problem dealing with me in the future then so be it. But anyone that has dealt with me on OCUK(58 positive trust, no negatives), here, Pclincs(except you Pixelboy), kustoms and Hexus knows that Iam no conman or such like.

15. Pixelboy

I never recieved you last PM, I still have the last few saved and I definetely didn't get a reply. However I'm willing to believe what you say about losing my address. It appears the problem was caused by one missing PM and both of us clearing our inboxes. Ah well.

Had the cpu been sent back I would have given you a possitive trust mark, since there has been a mess-up consider this one a neutral trust mark, nothing negative. :thumb:

16. pumbertot

pumbertot Banned

Yeah one big bloody mix up.......I guess I can live with a neutral mark. :cooldude:

Pmed you mate, so get those details to me and we can finally put this to rest. :thumb:

17. pumbertot

pumbertot Banned

18. Pixelboy

Ok all, Pumbertot and I have cleared things up. As he said, there was a big mixup and anybody wishing to deal with him in the future has nothing to worry about, this was a one-off mixup by us both. :thumb:

19. lechumbl

Hi guys,

Guess, with a little investigation, the issue seems to be cleared up, or clearing up.
    Glad that this misunderstanding has made us aware to continue to find out what is happening and to do something about it before it has a chance to fester and become more than it really is.

You are now handling this as it should be, a miscommunication of sorts.

Take care..........
    lechumbl
    PCLincs.co.uk Administrator

PS: From what I have seen so far, you guys have a great site here, and I will be dropping in from time to time to post and visit, if I am Welcome, of course. :D

20. Pixelboy

nope I don't have IM or anything like that. if you need to contact me here's my email: ryan . r [at] elizium.net (sorry to break it up like that but i don't need anymore spambots finding it :D).