1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development who do you host with

Discussion in 'Software' started by lord nicon21, 31 May 2004.

1. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

who do you host your web site with links pleae to prices i want it for my site i am using php

2. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

VDS on jumpline.com for £100/y and it's rubbish. :(

3. Ben

Ben What's a Dremel?

4. ChegsJAR

ChegsJAR What's a Dremel?

I'm not allowed to meantion a hosting company :)

I would say if you know what you want go to Hosthideout.com and go in the request forum. Loads of companies will offer you a deal and you get to pick :)

see I didn't even say it once. :D

5. Loudboy

Loudboy What's a Dremel?

i currently use a free host who gives me unlimited everything. His site is http://gto.dynu.com/ although im not sure he is still accepting applications.

6. ChegsJAR

I think it all depends on what your site is for.
    If its just a little personal site your just starting with then either get somewhere free with ads or your own server. Then as I get more into it get a little hosted account and so on.

If its for business then there is no other place than a datacenter that the webserver should be.

7. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

currently all of my websites are hosted on hostonce.com. A lot of people don't like their service, but my sites are all hosted from a single account (.cjb.net is my friend), the speed is fast and the amount of space I use is crazy.

Right now, I have the following sites hosted here:
    Primary: Cletus The Fetus
    Mike Anderson Photography
    xBurningMikex
    Beyond The Grunt Call
    Counterfeit Matt
    Wrong Way Posters

My Photography site alone is 250MB, but Cletus The Fetus gets the most hits at an average of 100 a day...pretty nice for a web cartoon originally known only in my town and friends.

But the reason I use hostonce is the ASP hosting and the high transfer rates. A lot of people don't think the customer service is good, but for $60 a year including domain payments for unlimited space and transfer...you just can't complain.

8. ChegsJAR

If you don't need good customer service don't pay for it.

Also as a webhost myself I have alot of friends that are webhosts aswell and we all love seeing sites that offer unlimited bandwidth or space. No one can support unlimited it just doesn't happen. Unless your paying about £1000billion a year for your hosting and you could buy a whole data center if not 2 for that :thumb:

9. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I'm currently with powweb.
    $7.77/month isn't too bad...

And of course I have an account at dotgeek that's free, but that's for research, so we don't count it! :p

10. exile

exile What's a Dremel?

EDIT By: OneSeventeen
    Advertising in the forums is against the rules unless special permission is given by the admin.

What exile meant to say was; "I host my own site" :)

Last edited by a moderator: 2 Jun 2004
  11. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

1and1.....

but wait!!! I got it when it was free :D

and I also have a sub-domain hosted from home ;)

12. ChegsJAR

I would stay clear of 1and1 I know quite a few people who haven't been happy about there service. I was with them for about 2 years but it just got so expensive for what you got. So I moved and they kept charging me even though I had cancel my account. So as I couldn't log in anymore I couldn't check that they were still billing me so they got a debt collector to get the money who charge me an extra £15 so I have to pay out £35! I was not pleased