1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Pre-wired Parallel LCD's I'M TAKING ORDERS!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Shuriken, 4 May 2004.

1. code81

code81 What's a Dremel?

U-LCD2 + 20x4 (green-yellow) LCD module = USD$54.00

Airmail to US: USD$15.00
    Airmail to UK: USD$17.00

Last edited: 26 May 2004
  2. Shuriken

Shuriken same christmas AV for a whole year

ok, some news.

I have one working prototpe, did have 2 but i plugged one into a 7v molex and fried it :duh: now the contrast is stuck at very low, bearly readable.
    I currently have been unable to source a digital camera though. Also I have found some more potential suppliers for the display units, which will hopefully enable me to reduce the prices. I'll let you know once i've recieved the quotes.

Updated prices now on first post.

Matt

3. besquare

besquare What's a Dremel?

cant find the link.sorry for mess up ur thread but i really saw it.
    after search the internet i found out that i wired up a lcd is very easy so just wonder can i got some lcd(not solder) from u. what the price if i buy 10 black and white lcd off u.lots of my m8 may want it so i could help them out and get one for free.

cheers

4. Shuriken

besquare: Don't worry about it, I was a little harsh, mostly just fustrated that I'd lost the supplier I intended to use, and buying form retail would bump the prices up a bit. But that shouldn't be a problem now. I'd rather not get into selling bare units as it will make ordering parts more complicated for me and if i make one exception for you then others may feel entitled to the same treatment, i'm very sorry. Check out www.farnell.co.uk, search for "Batron LCD", thats the cheapest retail units I could find.

New news on the first post in this thread. check it out :D

5. evil_spork

evil_spork What's a Dremel?

4 x 20 white text/black background with backlight = £45

how much is that in USD, and shipping to the USA(california).

is the 4x20 the one that will fill up 3 floppy drive bays? or is that another?

ill 100% get one, just wanna knwo how much $ to set aside. :thumb:

6. evil_spork

evil_spork What's a Dremel?

4 x 20 white text/black background with backlight = £45

how much is that in USD, and shipping to the USA(california).

is the 4x20 the one that will fill up 3 floppy drive bays? or is that another?

ill 100% get one, just wanna knwo how much $ to set aside. :thumb:

7. Shuriken

Check it out! pictures and some new prices :rock: :rock: :rock:

evil_spork: the trend the new prices seem to be following is 75% of the old prices, so a 4x20 white on black should be around £34 :D don't hold me to that though. thats about $63 so with shipping it will be $70. ($7 to ship 1 unit to USA) I'm not sure about fillig up all 3 bays as the supplier has changed so sizes are not the same, it's to late to dig out the brochure so I'll post again tomorrow.

Thanks for the interest, matt.

8. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

Very interested in the white on black. How bright is it though? Comparable to the white on blue pictured?

Is there a possibility of a red one of some description? Either red text or background? It would match my setup better :D

9. byteman

byteman What's a Dremel?

i m interested in a 16x2 black/green ... Are you taking orders already ? im from Portugal !
    thanks

10. Shuriken

byteman: I will be taking orders very soon, once I have the website up, from there you'll be able to order.

[SeVeReDhEaD] the white on black ones are as bright as the blue ones. As for red, the company wont do less than 5000 orders as its not in production, but I should be able to switch LEDs in a white one for red for a few quid more.

11. severedhead

Yeah, I think 5000 might be a few too many for my needs. But switching LEDs would be great. I take it it would look end up like red text on black?

12. Shuriken

It should do, I will try as soon as possible.

I've put up a new picture showing the back of the display.

Matt

13. Shuriken

I'm taking orders, check the first post!

14. richman

richman What's a Dremel?

Iam really really intrested in one of these if u can get them with a red display otherwise it will look naff with my current set-up, also i dont really want them knobs just have it set at default and come on and off when the computer comes on and off. How much would a red one be that fits nicely into a 5 1/2" drive bay

Richman

15. CrapshoT

CrapshoT What's a Dremel?

Some nice work there m8,I'm very interested in buying one.Would i need to buy any software or anything to get it to work!!

16. c.cam108

c.cam108 Minimodder

hmm, the 2x16 or 2x20 sound good!

any updates on the website? how long till it will be up etc.?

also could you post dimentions (width/hight inc and exc board)?

one last thing, what software will you use to control it?

sorry for all the Qs!

17. cougem

cougem What's a Dremel?

Hi I've e-mail you, but this might be easier for you.

I'd love to purchase one of the LCDs with the white writing on the blue bg, but I was wondering if you shipped borders/bezels for them so they'd fit in well in an aluminium case, so sort of a silver coloured surround?

I would make my own, but I'm incompetent at anything requiring much dexterity.

18. Shuriken

Hi everyone

As people have been enquiring about dimensions and other options, I will not be processing orders untill the website is up, which will have all the information/prices on the displays.
    The website will be up by the end of the week.
    Also I should have the prices of blue displays by tomorrow.

thanks to all,

Matt

19. severedhead

Cool, will place an order when I get paid (spent all my money at Download festival, doh!).

20. Shuriken

some new news, sorry it's been a while, been very busy.

I have the prices of the blue displays, finally. check the first post. BUT, there was a bit of a mix up with the display company and me. they quoted me for white backlit LCDs which I assumed were FSTN white text on black, but they're actually STN white text on blue, which means I'm now waiting for prices on white/black displays, grrr. I'm very sorry about this people, but I will be on the phone to them first thing tomorrow morining.

My pictures seem to have dissapeared, they're hosted on a free webhost run by a member here, i think its hx4.co.uk, so I will look in to that.

And my website: I contacted a hosting company, but have had no reply, so i'm still looking round, I'm going to put it up on geocities for now (don't worry, no personal details will go through it) and hopefully that will be tonight or tomorrow.

Heres hoping I can get this thing off the ground, thanks to everyone who's shown interest. I WILL bring you cheap LCDs.

Matt