1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Illuminated Keyboard

Discussion in 'Modding' started by hacker 8991, 28 May 2004.

1. hacker 8991

hacker 8991 What's a Dremel?

After looking around the market for a snazzy illuminated keyboard (you know that gamers are nocturnal!), I had a chance to use my sister's PowerBook. What a perfect example of what I was looking for. Unlike the tacky keyboard on the market now that have the letters opaque and the keys translucent, the Apple keyboard has translucent letters! Not only that, they feel and look fine when the backlight is turned off. As an added bonus, you can control the amount of light that comes through with the touch of a button, making it easy to darken the keyboard when watching a movie!

Just thought I would share this wonderous find with everyone.

- tf

2. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Yes the apple keyboard is nice.... will be on my next laptop... :D

3. Infraggable Krunk

Infraggable Krunk What's a Dremel?

Im happy with my zippy El 715 keyboard :p

well after spraying some dry teflon spray ( oooh so smooth now)

4. Guest-2808

Guest-2808 Guest

Maybe you could get a broken Powerbook?

Don't Apple make desktop keyboards that light up? Apple keyboards are USB and work okay with a PC.

5. Bmw M3

Bmw M3 What's a Dremel?

6. hacker 8991

hacker 8991 What's a Dremel?

umm, that is the regular type. This is more about the kind that has light shining through the letters, not through the keys.

- tf

7. Guest-2808

Guest-2808 Guest

I think the only way you will get light-up symbols on the keys is to get a transparent keyboard (Apple one for example) and start from there. You might be lucky and find a solvent that can remove the lettering somehow, which would allow you to spray the keyboard and using the existing lettering as a mask.

MoJo