1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Makeover [Part 3][Almost done] Pictures: 7/7

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bamsefar, 30 May 2004.

1. KrAzyWuLpH

KrAzyWuLpH What's a Dremel?

Wow, I love how this looks. Many mod ideas going through my mind. Good work on this one.

2. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

Looks inspired from the Orac mod, very cool, and the buffed sides and front looks teh ubah :)

Proph.

3. darkhunter

darkhunter What's a Dremel?

lookin pretty cool

4. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

"Emails this thread to G-Gnome with the words ""See, he finished :)"""

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Thats about all I have to say and I know it would look so much nicer in person.

5. CDBurner

CDBurner What's a Dremel?

Nice job! :D

6. bamsefar

bamsefar What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys!
    Yeah it does look a bit better in real life, since it looks much more mirrorish than on the pictures.
    Still have some work left though. I have to finish the PSU (add the cover and get the lights back in the molex connectors), then I have to make another box to hide the pump in, and do some work on the front.
    There are some gaps between the front and the rest of the case, and the halfmoon's steelplate doesn't reach all the way back (I didn't have a long enough piece, and I had little time)

So for this case I won the wintercontest at Hardware.no/Overklokking.no and got: 1. Prize in the Casemod Category (Ferox's Bequiet won the Casebuild category)

- Gigabyte Geforce FX 5700 (Will be used in my next project)
    - 3 Antec Led fans
    - And some commercial articles from Gigabyte. Pen, cap and shirt.

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed my first project. I'll update this thread when I have done the rest. Still a student, and we've had alot of work at school since easter. Took my last exam for the year today (unless that stupid computer picks my name and I have to have an oral math exam :brrr:

I have some sketches of my next project, which I'll start on when I'm back from Greece 16th July.

Project: servX (Still not sure about the name)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Jun 2004
  7. EdHunTer

EdHunTer What's a Dremel?

well i must say it looks a bit less too green and much much kewler than on the "in progress pics :)"

good work mate :hip:

8. Garbach

Garbach What's a Dremel?

About ServX... a cervix is a part of the woman's (and many other female mamal's) reproductive system.. LOL.. Sou you might want to think that name over... or not :D

Very very neat and slick looking case! Good job.

9. EdHunTer

EdHunTer What's a Dremel?

uhmm... either you're a walkin dictionary, you have a dirty mind or youre a anatomy oriented psycho killer :D

but i second your thoughts :D

10. bamsefar

I had those thoughts myself when I built it. Was wondering if I went too far with the green, but in the end I don't regret

Haha, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day.
    Well, the second project is a fileserver, and then someone suggested servX.
    If they were spelled they same way, I thing I would have changed, but I don't think there are more people like you out there that obviously knows a bit too much about certain things :naughty:

11. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

woot :rock:
    nice job :thumb:
    and your next project seems a winner aswell :clap:
    so go for it :dremel:

12. Garbach

Garbach What's a Dremel?

LOL I am neither.. a am a veterinarian (animal doctor).. we know such things... I can even tell you the pig's cervix is kinda twisted wich happens to fit the male pig's organ, wich has the shape of a corkscrew just fine...
    :D :D :D

13. bamsefar

Out of my way. Bathroom next. I'm going to get sick!
    I don't think any of us needed to know that :nono:

14. PsychoI3oy

PsychoI3oy Minimodder

aaaaand i'd have to say i could have gone my ENTIRE FREAKING LIFE not knowing that.....

except my wife's in school to be a Vet-Tech so i'm sure i would have learned it at some point.....

so yeah, servX may not be a great name for a compter.

15. Chief752

Chief752 What's a Dremel?

To get back on topic: I think your mod is really good. And I like the imagination you used to design your next mod. :thumb:

16. bamsefar

Long time no see..
    I know I promised new pictures some time ago, but due to lack of money I didn't buy a new camera till yesterday. But here they are. Have in mind that my photographing skills didn't improve much even though I got a much better camera :waah:

But let's not waste any more words, bring on the pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. bamsefar

18. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

Looks really great! I have enjoyed every minute I have sectated this project :D

One question: What is that thing infront ofthe cap and jersey in the pic where you got all the new parts?

Your next project looks like the project www.overklokking.no had, where they cooled the entire motherboard with fluorine (Link).
    You can call it project: Show-off :D because you show all your components :D

Mod on my friend ! I'm looking forward to your next project

19. bamsefar

Thanks Acid.

Yeah it does have som similarities do the 3M project. Maybe oh maybe it's my inspiration. Well, not on purpose, but somewhere deep inside my brain.
    Starting date for the project is still in the fog, but sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. In 2 days im off to Spain for 1 week of fun, and when I come back I'll most likely start.

Project: Show-off? Naaw, don't think so. Too.. ehm.. frank. I want something that either symbolizes the content (a server) or me (well my nickname, which translated to English means something like papa bear or daddy bear. Call me a huge bundle of bearlove :naughty:

To the question: I have NO idea what the hell you're saying! Ask in norwegian please..

20. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

[​IMG]

Understand ?? :p