1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V VGA to YPbPr

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NOTPENTIUM, 9 Jun 2004.

1. NOTPENTIUM

NOTPENTIUM What's a Dremel?

I found this.... http://www.svideo.com/hdtvr8500.html It seems to be EXACTLY what I need! I know its made by ATI but how could it possibly only work with ati cards? I have nvidia. Isn't the video signal an industry standard? I mean is ati's vga really any different than nvidia's?

Help me sort this out!

Thanks

2. dom_

dom_ --->

i dont know for sure, but surely it has to be the same as any vga output. As a computer screen doesnt change settings for an nvidia and ati cards.

3. NOTPENTIUM

My thoughts exactly. But thats kinda pricy to buy and be stuck with useless. :wallbash:

4. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

It says "NOT FOR USE WITH NON ATI PRODUCTS". Didn't that answer your question?

The newer ATI cards have ciruitry in their DVI and CRT connections which convert the signals to YPbPr signals. What you are looking at are not converters, merely adaptors.

5. NOTPENTIUM

You're Kinda rude don't ya think? I saw the statement in the ad. If I had not seen that, why would I have asked my question in the first damn place? Geez, I thought this was a place to get help....not to be basically called stupid for asking a simple question.

Sorry to have wasted your time all-knowing almighty one.
    :grr:

6. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Apology accepted. After all, I did bloody answer your question.

Last edited: 12 Jun 2004