1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Divergence :: my58vw's HTPC :: 1st place CM3!!! New Pics :: 7/03/04

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by my58vw, 23 Apr 2004.

1. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

PC Club requires that you use one of their cases for the mod and I choose this one because it was laying arround the house and I wanted to use it. I wanted all the features for the power (Ie lan parties, and the ability to hold 4 to 5 hdds if I want, media and file server more than HTPC.

Thanks for the compliment. It has been a lot of work and it is coming along fast now. Going to be done this weekend so keep looking for new pics... :D

2. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

Looking mighty fine there!!
    Good luck with it :thumb:

/me looks forward to se that baby fully operational :rock:

3. _rahoul

_rahoul What's a Dremel?

that LCD looks very slick. The whole case is getting a real OEM feel, doesnt look like some p0nk-ass modders machine.

4. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

you got any pics with the LCD powered-up in-situ?

5. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Just got my matrox card today and I am going to try and hook up my card to the screen with powerstrip. When I can get it powered with the card I will post pics. :D

6. Mondak

Mondak What's a Dremel?

That is cool! I like what you did with the slot drive facing up. I will have to keep checking back.

7. Jang

Jang What's a Dremel?

That is some SUPER slick stuff!

Sorry if ive missed this somewhere else, but what are you using to glue the plastic together? Don't kill me, i read all the replies (i had to! this mod is too good) so ive either missed it, or it wasen't posted.

That link to how to use the PS1 sceen didn't work, you get onto the site and it doesn't let me see :( I have a PSone screen and i want to use it on my new p.c so any links to buying the bits and bobs to get it to run etc would be VERY helpful.

Sorry for hi jacking your thread ohhh and don't worry about your finals, this mod is where your attention should be :thumb:

8. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

I used weld on 4 for the plastic. It works well for some stuff but *NOT* for the drive rack. I am in the process of perfecting my plexi bending techniques to make a new one, the first rack did not come out so nice :sigh:

I am working on the wiring today and finishing the ps, shortened the atx cable last night and stelthed one of the rear fan cables from the back. I really hope that I do not run out of sleving though, a few of the cables are long :waah: . The atx conector was the usual pain and because of the may I shorted in the cables I found that the heat shrink would not fit over the end so I has to tape the end on the atx cable with black tape :eyebrow: . It looks good though, will post a pic later.

I am borowing a G400 matrox card for now to drive the screen and the pics should be up soon. Look in the modding forums and you should see the thread on the screen, very recient.

Morem as soon as I am done with my work for school... :D

9. Jesterjedi

Jesterjedi What's a Dremel?

looking good m8 keep it up

10. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Quick Update...

Picked up the tinted plexi today but I have a small problem...

My dremel is dead :waah: :waah: Cutting through plexi then it just slowed down and stoped. :waah: :waah:

I am going to have to go find a cheep one to finish the project then have mine repaired. One more setback.

Going to finishing the wiring as much as possible tomarrow and then make the drive rack and finish it all up. I chose a foam style tape for the windows. It is a little think for my taste but it will help seal in the noise from the fans and make the case quieter...

More to come tomarrow, but no dremel for now :dremel:

11. _rahoul

_rahoul What's a Dremel?

ah cruel fate, just goes to show that Murphy's law is true.

jsut use your teeth. :duh:

12. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Got the dremel to work somewhat after playing with the brushes inside, runs at 2/3rds speed and has some balance issues. Should be good enough to finish the plexi work for the case, I hope. ONce the sides are in I can finish the drive cage and the wiring and the case should be done by Sunday :D

13. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Plexiglass in place...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know that the pics are large but that is the size that the contest wants and I want to practice with a few pics.

Next it is wiring the screen and the ps and the hard drive rack. More to come soon.

Last edited: 11 Jun 2004
  14. LucSkyywalker

LucSkyywalker What's a Dremel?

Two Words

Perrrrr + Tea!!!! :D

15. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Rack creation... part 1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rack is created entirely by bending plexiglass and by using rivits on tabs that are bent in the process. So far the cdrom and the vfd rack is done except the vfd mount peice. I also sleeved the other fan in the back and wired the vga connector to the screen and the screen does work on vga with the matrox card (G400 32 MB). I will have pics when the computer is done. More will be up soon... rack is done and painted tomarrow, I am going to paint the chassis again with another coat of black with the rack then start installing all the components of the computer. The PS and other peices should be done tomarrow too. The case is going to pc club on SUnday for pics and I will have the final pics up at that time...

Until then... Keep Modding :dremel:

16. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

LOL...nice tablecloth :D

Looking pretty slick. I've had a hard time envisioning what this is gonna turn out like. Not dissappointed :thumb:

17. toss

toss What's a Dremel?

looking really nice man keep it up

18. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

w00t! Sexy computer my58vw! I actually WANT this thing! :rock: I think you have a good shot at winning this competition! :thumb:

19. Buzku

Buzku What's a Dremel?

VERY nice windows...

20. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

It is designed like the old rack but this one is out of completely bent plexi...200+ times stronger than the old one. The rack should be done today than I will send some new pics... :D

Thanks for the compliments