1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its HOT!

Discussion in 'General' started by Bogomip, 8 Jun 2004.

1. Gecko

Gecko What's a Dremel?

I thought it was quite easy comapred to the mock. I was doing AQA, but you proably did anotehr exam to me. Like i already said, i had a nosebleed all over the paper :D got me extram time to make up the 5 mins i lost bleeding.

2. a9on87

a9on87 ...

I was doing the Edexcel exam and found it quite easy!

Although there was one question that I'm sure I've never been taught before :wallbash:

3. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Yep, I live in a suburb of DC. Our weather is pretty crazy. It was actually 80F (27C) one day in March.

I've got A/C through the whole house. The basement is always coldest, probably about 65F (18.3C) down there :D.

4. John Cena

John Cena What's a Dremel?

Man, that is nothing.

I cut my lawn on Saturday noon when the temp is above 100 F. Sometimes I don't even drink water during cutting and I'm done in half an hour(I have a big lawn and a backyard with hills)

5. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

On behalf of John Cena, I say it's hot.

6. TMM

TMM Modder

over in 'ere aussie we get weather up to 40*c in summer (though its usually low 30s) . and when its hot AND humid, its really bad because the air con doesn't do anything (its an evapourative)
    luckily, its winter now and about 19*c in my room :D

7. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

lol, who is "John Cena" anyway ? :?

Day 3 of Hotness: Im very very hot again! and i have only been up but 1 hour, and its BAKING! but its more of a sunny hot today, which i guess is better. Not better that i have 2 maths exams though, in a row! And 2 of the hardest maths exams i have to do full stop! grrrr!

Unlike most of you, i prefer to be reasonably cold. If its about 8 degrees outside then its all good, as long as there isnt a strong wind. Patrons of the western british empire dont usually have air conditioning in our house, so it makes it hard to cool in summer, but in winter and when its cold, we can put radiators on, so its better :)

8. 8-BALL

8-BALL Theory would dictate.....

That's odd. It's overcast and quite cool today in Oxford.

I hope it stays that way, as I have a hell of a lot of writing to do.

8-ball

9. heelan

heelan bow tie enthusiast

It's ok bogomip - if you end up in Edinburgh, being too hot will not generally be a problem...

It's about 18 degrees celsius here today, which is fine by me. Just wish I could be outside in it instead of stuck in the library.

10. rK@NE

rK@NE Rover's gonna get it...

I think the weather is quite pleasant tbh, I've just flown back from Greece so I've been well primed :clap:

11. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

Pretty overcast here today but still warm. The good weather is great on the whole but it sucks being at work and only being able to look out a window at it....

Not doing my system temps any good either - especially as my machine is in the conservatory, it seemed like such a good idea :duh:

12. andrew

andrew What's a Dremel?

Es ist ziemlich kalt, aber bequemer ist. :D

I have no exams today, so I am chilling at home. But if the sun were out I could have gone in the garden.

13. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Yeah it's been a much better day today here, pollen still pretty high though. Need rain to get it out of the air ;)

14. cpu121

cpu121 What's a Dremel?

Up here in Edinburgh, it's been boiling. I believe it was around 25C at lunch, which is a lot when you're in a shirt and tie, and trying to play football. Also the weather was nice a few weeks back, when me and a group of mates went up to Arbroath for the beach. Most of us came back with sunburn, and frozen toes- the North Sea isn't as warm as it looks!

15. John Cena

John Cena What's a Dremel?

To it's 100 F and metro is free for everybody

My cars AC WAS FULL and it still was hot.

16. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

it isnt too bad here today actually, still v hot, but still not bad :) up in nottingham that is. Im not sweating so thats a bonus :)

If i do end up in edinburgh, that'll be a perfect temperature for me :)

17. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

I bike to college, taking an average of 17 mins, so yesterday was hell on earth for me (dehydration risk), but todays' ok, cloudy, breeze, ~23C. :clap:

18. Jedi

Jedi What's a Dremel?

I was down a local jumpspot on my bike last spring and it was a good 25C all day, and i was in jeans, soooo hot, i ended up drinking from the stream :D :D

19. jonesie

jonesie Minimodder

Wie bitte??

I spent 5 hours on tues in a non-a/c van, and invented a new mars-bar drink... (29°C) and yesterday i was helping to pull apart a particle detector (damn heavy, damn awkward, damn fragile and damn expensive) and load it into a van, complete with sweaty hands (26°C inside, 32°C outside)

I really wanted to be at home in the local pool :waah:

20. Jesterjedi

Jesterjedi What's a Dremel?

i'm sat here in just me boxers nd i so ****ing hot i sweating like hell and sticking to me leather computer chair the heat is unbearable. i actually have a temperature as well hmm

/me decides to call the doctor