1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling case kolling!! help me!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by noobidoo, 8 Jun 2004.

1. hacker 8991

hacker 8991 What's a Dremel?

Wow, I can't believe anyone has not said this.

Instead of using a radiator, which wouldn't be that effective, you need to use a A/C style heat pump. If you do some research on Google, you might be able to find out how to build your own (I don't know how possible it is, though). An A/C just pumps hot air out, so if you could vent the exhaust of the A/c, which would be placed at the front of the case, to the back, I think most of your problems (except the electricity bill) would be solved.

- tf

2. noobidoo

noobidoo What's a Dremel?

i don't know i will have to ask my big brother that if he remembers.
    I have cooling system that is ment for a procesors upp to AMD ALTHON XP 3400+

3. noobidoo

:eyebrow:
    how do you you meen to build on your self good luck i say. from what i found on the net they shildown the air with the help of two fans, and is noise
    i think.
    look att the disign here
    http://www.parker.com/ead/cm2.asp?cmid=6364
    i want it silent and affissiont. ass litle amount off drilling and kuting as posible woud be nice cose i don't have the right tools you see.

post wath tools you are using here so that we can get a list to every one ho wants to know wath tools you have used ok?
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=60681

4. hacker 8991

hacker 8991 What's a Dremel?

noobidoo:

I think I will quote myself here...
    It was just a suggestion...

- tf

5. 8-BALL

8-BALL Theory would dictate.....

Of course it's possible. Infact, this is what you would need to do to get the water flowing through the rad cool enough to cool the incoming air.

Essentailly, you would have the evaporator submerged in a reservoir with a cooling loop with a radiator in it. The advantage of this technique over straight airconditioning is that you would be able to use the same chilled water to cool the processor/gpu etc with standard watercooling components.

If the case is sealed, then the internal air temp would probably be much lower as you keep cooling the same air rather than introducing new, warm air all of the time.

That said, I REALLY wouldn't mess with refrigeration unless you know what you are doing. It would require a LOT of reading up, a lot of expensive equipment, and a lot of experience in the field wouldn't go amiss either.

Another solution would be to watercool the main heat producing components and use an external rad. A good way to get most of the heat out of a case.

8-ball

6. noobidoo

we had an ide that you can take a mini-fridge to cool down the air some hove.butt then it's the problem with the water in the air. :wallbash:

:hip:

7. noobidoo

i was thingin of re useing the wather for that prupes yes but i dont have the water blocks and they are to expensive

8. noobidoo

i have the cooling system of an old mini-f.
    cud i use that some hove?
    any one!! :idea:

9. 8-BALL

Mini fridges are simply not powerful enough for cooling applications were thermal energy is constantly being generated. Think about it, the can of coke you put in your mini-fridge isn't producing 250W of thermal energy, (a reasonable estimate for an entire high powered system) and it still takes a good hour or so to cool it down.

8-ball

10. noobidoo

hmm but it still cools it down.
    :rolleyes: what if you use the mini-f. sa an reservoir you seal it up ore you put som kind of an reservoir in to it so it cool the wather down.
    wath do you think off that 8-ball? :rolleyes:
    but then ther is the problem with sealing it up

11. 8-BALL

Sorry, you appear to not be listening.

A mini fridge is simply not powerful enough for any kind of cooling other than simply cooling the contents which are SEALED in and do NOT generate heat.

Have you ever noticed how putting warm food in a freezer will more than likely defreost the whole thing.

As I said, fridges/freezers are NOT designed for cooling things which generate heat.

8-ball

12. noobidoo

so you don't think it haves so much punsh so it cud cool down some wather enugh.
    dam :grr:
    there must be som chep way off ceeping the case cool witout having to drill some hole in the case.

13. DAWG

DAWG What's a Dremel?

If you are working on a budget, then why not just shop around for a new cheap midi case, that has lots of fan slots / cooling abilites? :wallbash:

14. noobidoo

i hade a talk with my all so mighty big brother and he agred with me that the mini-f. woud be enught to kool down a wather resrvuar :hip:

Last edited: 11 Jun 2004
  15. noobidoo

i talked to alex and i the a took his ide and alterdi it a bitt
    [​IMG]

16. noobidoo

i hope you don't mind alex

17. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Very nice mate! I don't mind at all- i don't have the finances for it atm and would love someone else to have a go at it! Nice Sketchup work btw!

18. feckless2k1

feckless2k1 Minimodder

No offence mate, but it wont :duh:

Have you tried the obvious, like tidying up your wires and making sure all the heatsinks are free of dust and the fans spinning properly. My 1700+ and 9700pro doesnt get as hot as your system with only 1 case fan..

19. noobidoo

hmm a minor problem i can't get that mini-f. i hade a look att the one i was getting and i wasn't pleast it was an old fridge with gas coolnig and it was gigantic so i wen't to the store and look what a new one woud cost :eeek: to my suprice they were pretty expencive 45 euro for an cooling case.

Tags: