1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Spraying a drive bezel...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Krikkit, 10 Jun 2004.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Spraying a drive (My creative DVD-ROM to match the rest of my case). Did the loading tray (dis-assembled it and everything), managed that ok, sprayed the tray's end piece ok; but the actual bezel :duh: Disaster. The cat sat on it after i'd finished (like almost immediately) and covered it in hair and fluff :waah:. Did my best to rescue it, but it looks terrible tbh... :(.

So anyone with a creative DVD-ROM drive bezel going spare (generic really, shall post a pic of it.) who fancies sending it to me :naughty:

2. robotguy9000

robotguy9000 What's a Dremel?

just sand it down, and kill your cat

3. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I second that. It's only cat fluff, and only on the paint. And drive bezels are pretty small. Would it really be that hard to sand off the fluff - or the paint altogether - and start over. Was the damage really that bad?

C'mon, a true modder wouln't let a little cat hair get in the way of a good-looking case. :thumb:

-monkey

4. Krikkit

Sanding didn't work- i need new sandpaper: not really a new bezel (though that would be easier tbh: i'm a lazy student bum). Pics later when windows networking stops being a m00k (2kPro-> M.E. sharing is a pig for me...)

5. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I alos kinda ran into a problem when I was spraying a bezel on my crappy old CD-ROM (I figured I'd try on something that didn't matter first).
    While the paint was drying I got bored and decided to try using the drive anyway. Cue nasty scraping and whiring noises and now I've got one ****ed up CD drive. I think it did something to the laser, or maybe some of the dreaded cat fluff got inside, because it's become pretty picky about which CD's it will read.
    Ah well, **** it, the only reson I had it in the case anyway was because i had a spare IDE channel, no loss...

6. Edhi

Edhi What's a Dremel?

Hehehehe, how does the cat feel having paint all over it? :D

7. Krikkit

Wasn't too happy atm mate, but it's black where the paint was so you can't tell :thumb: :)

8. playaa

playaa Guest

:D :hehe: :D :hehe: :D :hehe: :D :hehe: :D :hehe: :D :hehe:
    what did u do to ur cat? if i was u i would have throwing him out of the window. did u gave him a slap? a punch? a stab with a knife?
    at least did u scared him a little?
    and why u let ur cat to be next to u when u modding???? they can drop stuff the fu****

9. danmagicman7

danmagicman7 What's a Dremel?

Or you could just stick with the motif, spray the whole case, and roll your cat all over it. Serve it justice. You could call it the cat fur mod! Lol :D

10. Blassster

Blassster What's a Dremel?

Hilarious.

11. HowardCanning

HowardCanning What's a Dremel?

:hehe: :hehe: [​IMG]

Roll your cat over it :hehe:

That's classic

12. darkhunter

darkhunter What's a Dremel?

u really gotta kill the cat

13. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

If the humane society wouldnt lynch me, I would do this in an instant. :lol: Cat hair mod... :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

14. Krikkit

No, i'm not going to kill the cat. It wandered in because the door was open (spraying in room with windows on both sides of house open for decent airflow...). I've already found a new bezel, problem is, it's already in my dad's computer. Time to convince him it's "broken" i think ;)

15. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Not nice... you kill my cat I destroy your case...

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Just sand it down and do it again...

16. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

Probably already mentioned, but don't sand it, as you can lose the surface texture of the drive (and it goes damn ugly when sanded). Just strip the paint with alcohol.

Cats are cool. Having an arse covered in paint, I think it learnt its lesson.

17. Krikkit

I know it ruins the finish (testing the dremel bits on an old bezel... :D). Unfortunately, alcohol doesn't work on the paint, and stuff like nail-polish remover (the best paint etc remover imo) melts the plastic...

18. 0013

0013 What's a Dremel?

burn the paint off!, and thank the cat for the lesson... cats pwn but shouldnt be helping with modding.
    tried peeling it off after freezing while fronzen ? might be dumb but it is a suggestion

19. Cornstarch

Cornstarch What's a Dremel?

i have a question.. i have painted the side panel of this case i am working on ( the side panel is plastic ) :wallbash: and i accidently sprayed it wrong and i have some drips on the side and it look really bad.. i was wondering if there is a way to fix the drips with out taking all of the paint off and repainting. :blah:

Thanks Much..

20. superpsychocow

superpsychocow What's a Dremel?

I would just get some really fine sand paper, and sand on the drip until its flat. Then tape it off and spray it again, or tape the whole side again. either way would probably work.