1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Chroming!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Fenriswulf, 13 Jun 2004.

1. Fenriswulf

Fenriswulf What's a Dremel?

No, I don't refer to going out and inhaling chrome spray paint from a plastic bag, like those intent on destroying their brains, I mean having parts chrome plated, to give the mirror finish only chrome can.

Does anyone know if they color of the chroming is changeable? I like the bright silver, but I was wondering if a darker metallic colour was achievable, and if chrome plating companies offered it. I know nickel plating is available, which looks very golden like, but I would like a very dark silver metal color if I can get it.

Just wondering. Can't wait until Orac3 is released (a mod which is giving me heaps of inspiration to accomplish my ideal mod), and he seems to use quite a lot of chrome in his mod.

Fenriswulf

2. robotguy9000

robotguy9000 What's a Dremel?

its very hard and toxic, and as for orac3, gnome didnt do it himself. :sigh:

3. Fenriswulf

Yeah, he had to go to a shop to get it done. It's where I would be going as well. I might go check out a few chrome places in my city to see if they know if it can be done.

Anyone who has a link to what I am intending to do, I'd be most appreciative.

Fenriswulf

4. Fronzel

Fronzel What's a Dremel?

5. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

That's what I thought of. I often see houses with door knobs, etc. with that finish.

6. Fenriswulf

Bingo!

Now to see about designing the case...

Fenriswulf

7. -DeMoN-

-DeMoN- What's a Dremel?

Fenriswulf... wat part in Perth do u live in? do u go to walan?
    I'm from perth too :D

8. Fenriswulf

Ascot at the moment, and I haven't gone to walan, but I am definately thinking about it!

I will need to make myself one of those ammo case PC's like Zap Wizard made, it's quite hard to move about my 21" Sony monitor :)

Nice to meet you!

Fenriswulf