1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Which was your first FPS game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ou7blaze, 17 May 2004.

1. iceman3083

iceman3083 What's a Dremel?

my first fps was duke nukem 3d, friend let me borrow it rite after i got my first comp, a pentium 166

2. a9on87

a9on87 ...

I think it was either Duke 3D or Doom, in fact I found Duke 3D again the other day - still as good as it was back then, you just have to forget about the graphics!

3. John Cena

John Cena What's a Dremel?

Bieleve it or not, I did not get into FPS till the end of 10th grade when my Friend, lend me Quake 3 so I can play on my old AM k6 with 4mb video card :D

After that, another friend lend me Red Faction and CounterStrike. THE PWNAGE :D

Now days I stick to RTWC and Adventure games :D

4. pzr

pzr Banned

Doom :thumb:

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

The first CD-ROM game I played was either 7th Guest or Star Wars Rebel Assault (both came with my CD-ROM along with Syndicate, Theme Park and Beneath a steel sky).
    I used to really enjoy playing the 7th Guest (and the music :rock:ed) a very simple game (several rooms each with one puzzle) with photorealistic CG to simulate moving from room to room. Very basic by todays standards, but very impressive at the time.

6. fizban

fizban What's a Dremel?

Action mod for Half-life, during networking class (and yes I started college late, if you happen to notice how old I am) supposedly "taking notes" hehehe :D

7. Johnnyonetime

Johnnyonetime What's a Dremel?

My first FPS was Doom. I remember installing it from 2 floppy disks onto my 486/DX33 with 4mb of RAM. Doom2 was a killer, having to edit your autoexec.bat and config.sys and booting via F5 to have enough juice to start it up! My first game was Monochrome Mazes on the IBM PC with 5.25 floppy. Man those were the days :hehe:

8. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Ditto :D :rock:

9. Soulfly22583

Soulfly22583 What's a Dremel?

Mine was Duke Nukem ....

I think the first computer game i played was Commander Keen, then i played Kings quest IV i think. That game was so intense, very hard to play when your only 10.

First online game was Quake 2. I was in HS and we played it over our school network during lunch. God that was some fun times.

10. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

first game I ever played was Prince of Persia, back on an old 286. :)

Then I moved up to Doom, Hexen 2, Half-Life (TFC, DoD, never really liked CS) now it's UT and GTA3, waiting for Doom 3 to be released(if it's ever released...).

L J

11. ////\oo/\\\\

////\oo/\\\\ Minimodder

Marathon ;)

Doom with a plot on a Mac...

12. Carlk

Carlk What's a Dremel?

ahhhh good old continuum/subspace!played that 2-3 years ago ( i think) loved it! now im CS :thumb: i get board of CS after a while,nouthing seems 2 change with it. need some nice new maps instead of those crappy custom ones! :hehe:

13. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 What's a Dremel?

Well, I'm inclined to say DOOM, but I seem to remember Golgo13 on the NES having a FPS mode where you went through mazes and had a "gun" that you could use, but the room was a fixed space, and you just moved the cross hairs to shoot the baddies. I think that Goonies 2 had a similar mode, but I dunno about the weapons...

I just recently decommissioned my old Pentium 60 board as the case was needed for a babyAT MVP sporting a whopping 233MHz Pentium MMX. Yow. At least it has an AGP slot. :p Aaah, the "good" old days of 320x200 grafix. :hip:

14. Raymus

Raymus What's a Dremel?

DOOM! btw Doom 3 has gone GOLD! :clap:

15. calnen

calnen moo!!

Quake 2 for me :) HYPERBLASTER PWNAGE!!!

16. TheSizzle

TheSizzle What's a Dremel?

doom also, i even still remember the cheat codes IDDQD and IDKFA.lol ill never forget them. that game was classix.

17. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

Wolfenstien - the original definitive FPS.

But then I am rapidly becoming an old git :waah:

18. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

wolfenstien 3d

then doom 2

the good 'ol days :D

19. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

Delta Force 2 :rock:

20. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

I guess it'd be Wolf, seeing as 3-Demon doesn't really count :D First game I ever played was some Fun School educational crap, but I soon shook them off and was straight in there with things like Commander Keen and DN1 (still the best platformer ever IMO) and really ancient text adventures/RPGs. Does anyone remember Jacaranda Jim, Moria or Moraff's World? :D

Tags: