1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Pure {Stage 2 Under Way} {Update 31/07/04}

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Xoddoza, 20 Jun 2004.

1. nicke

nicke What's a Dremel?

sweeeeeeet :D

2. Canuck

Canuck What's a Dremel?

you might want to look at putting 'honeycomb' mesh for a side window (instead of Perspex)

3. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Stage 2

This is the start of stage 2. Stage two will be a few more minor Cosmetic Enhancments and will be primarily devoted to Utilizing a PicAxe microcontroller to run certain fuctions of the computer.

There will be:

Motherboard lighting
    Flashing Standby Lighting
    PCI Slot Interaction

and much more

[​IMG]

I'm working on a polished alluminium face to cover that rear vent as they exaustfans are blowing air out and its getting sucked back in directly below them. Its better if they suck the cold air from the front of the case.

[​IMG]

This is the small box the PicAxe chip and other components will be housed it. Eventually it will be hidden up on the CD. The Stereo Plugs will be used to power 4 Led's of long cables mounted in various positions around the case. These Led's will be flashing in time with actions or faster with CPU temperature.

More on the way.

4. The True Zer0

The True Zer0 What's a Dremel?

Nice!! I just love what you have done to the PSU.. keep up the good work! :dremel:

5. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Few ideas / tips.
    Use C molding on your fan cutouts to tidy up the edges ( also dampen the vibration from them and make your csae quieter )
    And those cables look way too big and just mess the case up more imho.
    But otherwise nice going! love the psu and mesh work, definatley diggin' it.

6. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

does look good, but beware of dust - you won't believe how much gets plastered onto your components untill you've seen it.

7. ciaran.mooney

ciaran.mooney Minimodder

I think you have already come up with a name for your project in an earlier post

M is for Mesh

Think it sums up what you've being doing really.

Loving the mesh-antics going on, i thought i was original, and i would be nice to see a mesh window! Much better air-flow I reckon over a solid perpex window!

8. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

Dude, if your going to watercool (in the end) don't you want a motherboard that you can oc the processor with. All you can do on that board is change the fsb.

I am speaking from experience, look at sig \/

9. Buzku

Buzku What's a Dremel?

That mesh rocks! :rock:

10. naelq

naelq What's a Dremel?

CLEAN, NEAT & CRISP MOD! :baby: :brrr:
    KEEEEP THE GOOOOD WORK BUD! :thumb: :clap: :clap:

11. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Yes, i said earlier that i will be getting some Fan Hole Gasket Trim and yes the cables are going to vantec sleeved eventually. + Blue IDE cables.

12. Shoobie

Shoobie What's a Dremel?

Heh heh.......

We bought a Compaq way back in 2000 (I remeber 'Y2K Compliant' was a major selling point :hehe: ). Compaq obviously doesn't use air filters, so it was pretty rough going in there after 4 years....Dust balls as big as my fist.....Wasn't pretty.....

Anyway, great project. I'm staying tuned. That mesh is pretty cool. :)

13. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Yes i realise its going to be a bit of a limitation. Despite that with the current air cooling i can set the fsb to 196 and its stable... through PCMark + Sisoft Burn in (Only cpu so 100% cpu use)

I've been looking through my Mobo Manual and it has a picture in the bios of change voltage but its not there is the bios, Grayed out. Same with Ram Clock Speed, so i'm gonna see if i can find how to enable... might be jumper or such.

14. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

I'm not too fond of the mesh. The idea is good, but that paticular pattern is ugly, in my opinion. If you can afford it, Modder's Mesh is awesome :rock:. Otherwise, find some other honeycomb mesh, I think it would look much cooler. :)

15. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Yes dust is going to be a pain. I'm probably going to get some thin filter cloth for the front mesh and an alluminium fan filter for the 120mm hole.

16. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

I think calling it ugly is a bit harsh, still all personal opinions, you like everyone else are entitled to one. :)

17. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

I Spent all day thinking about the name and i decided it sound alot nicer if it was shortned to M-Mesh.

What do you people think? Project M-Mesh.

Its important really because i'll design a logo that will be featured in several Places in the case(Hopefully).

18. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Damn right I'm entitled to my opinion!

J/K, but seriously: you like that mesh? :jawdrop:

19. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Yup, Seriously i like the mesh. Its differnt. Not the usual Honeycomb mesh around. Looks even better in real life.

20. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Picking up the Axe

[​IMG]

This will be the basic fuctions the picaxe chip will be managing (initially) Later hopefully it will lead its self to more complex fuctions and integration with the computer.

Outputs

4x Leds. These will be mounted in the case and may flash on HD use, or some other variable. They may just act like strob lighting even a fully on mode.

Front Pannel Indicator. This will be a Ultra Bright White led in the front of the case, flashing slowly in the "Off" state while steady on the On State.

Motherboard lighting. The LED's will be Mounted behind the mobo tray to give the tray a "Floating" Feel.

Relay start. The powerswith will be run through a rely so i can control it its going to even work. (Vandal Proof) This will also allow me to use somthing else which won't mention yet.

Inputs

Front pannel switch, will active the relay and a few other things.

Lights on/off - Turns lights on/off :hehe:

4x LED Change Mode - Changes the current led flashing mode.

What do you think?