1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Watercooling - help about component placing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vocko, 24 Jun 2004.

1. Vocko

Vocko What's a Dremel?

2. pauldenton

pauldenton What's a Dremel?

hmm - are those 2 3.5" drives HDDs?
    if so you might be better putting them in the 5.25" bays (with caddys?) and looking the 3.5" bays, which would let you put the rad at the front, with plenty of space for fans...

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, you can "compress" two DVD-CD-RWs and a floppy and two HDDs in four 5.25" bays and have some space left for a multi-media card reader. Then remove the 3.5" bay and put the heatercore upright in the front with two fans behind it. Make sure you match intake fans with exhaust fans at the back.

4. Vocko

Vocko What's a Dremel?

The pipes of the rad are to high :(. The rad itself can fit if I remove the 3.5" cage but the pipes coming out of it are too long :(.
    If I didnt get it for free I would :wallbash: and :waah: , but my friend gave it to me so I have to use it as best as I can because my money forecast isnt good for next 2-3 months at least...

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Bummer. Then a top location would indeed be the best solution. Unless you want to put it in the left side panel, and work it into the window design somehow. Hey, it would be something new...

6. Vocko

Vocko What's a Dremel?

Thought about that too :) but the only space on the left side is before the cards :(, which because of the window, card removal and heat dissipation is not possible :blah:

But thnx for the suggestion

7. pauldenton

in the floor of the case?

8. Vocko

Vocko What's a Dremel?

But how would I cool it then ? Also I think it is too long (I cannot try it now) and ti will bump with the mobo.

9. pauldenton

you would cut an opening in the floor, and draw air in through the rad with fans above it... you'd need to have the floor above the desk/floor or whatever it sits on...

10. Vocko

Vocko What's a Dremel?

Good idea but the rad then blocks my pci slots and if wanted to remove the mobo i would first need to remove the res... Too much work for later.
    I'll guess I'll have to stick with this design.

Tags: