1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Noob some ideas and pics

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Camblad, 26 Jun 2004.

1. Camblad

Camblad What's a Dremel?

Hi been on here couple of days now, just browseing and learning some of the mistakes not to make!!

Anyway i've got to main ideas for my first mods i have been looking around cause i want a little bit of originality and the design for my tower case i think is going to be a first but i will update that as i finalise the idea ( currently getting source materials together ). But my second possible firewall/intranet server, htpc small form cubeish pc cause i got two of these
    [​IMG]

Thought the dvd apropriate as a size comparision any way the dimensions of the plastic are 1"w * 9.5"h * 11.5"d a little bit better than 3mm thick
    so i got the idea of nice alluminium front, back, top, bottom and the two inche think plastic sides (lit up to glow) been playing with sketchup (what a cool quick to grasp program) and came up with this i know its rough and ready but it is literalilymy first go on it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    sorry about grammer/spelling qulity of pic quality of sketchup i take critism well and it is the way to learn!!

2. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

I like it :thumb:

:dremel:

3. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

Yeah lets start here not other place :eyebrow:

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

like the idea, i like the simplicity, but where did you get that plexi ????

5. Camblad

Camblad What's a Dremel?

I hit it lucky, i'm living with my girlfriend in her graddads old house whilst it is on probate. He was a radio ham guy with an electronic/mechanical background so loads of old circuit components to play with and every concevable nut screw and bolt all in jars in the garage. So i was routing about as you do and under some scape in a carrier bag hay presto plexi pannels to die for :hip: .I have been thinking of how to use them when i started reading this forum, like i said in my other posting i have brill one of a kind idea for my tower and these dont fit, so now i gota see if i can get some money of tax man to pay for mini-atx board probably socket A if poss as i have some ram and duron laying around and it isnt for gaming so onbord sound and graphics would be cool so it will be qiute spacey in there.

Oh and thanks Sc0rion that Asus A7N8X-VM Motherboard
    is about the right one not to steap a price chears :thumb:

Oh and bindibadgi hope you read this thanks yeah i had considered the insulation from inch of plexi but hadnt thought of the duct from the front fan if thats what you ment it would force the airflow over the cpu/ram/northbridge first before i heats up and the out the back.

i was tempted to put in to more fans 80mm either side of the front 120mm as full load back up (temp control to hot they kick in) but if i do i might do the zapwizard stand of face plates on them so i can get more lighting effects!!!

one quick question i am thinking to make the case in two sections (not including sides) top and back/ front and bottom imagine to L shapes hinged along the top/front joint with the dive bay and PSu attatched so some quick thumb screws so you can literally flip the whole top back L foward and up like on a truck where the cab tips forward to allow acess to the engine.

I will attempt to do a mock up in sketch up to illustrate.

Again thanks for quick helpful responses this is why modding has took of so much evryione is welcome and everyone is willing to share ideas :clap:

6. Camblad

Camblad What's a Dremel?

here it is

[​IMG]

dont forget it will have the plexi sides so this will give me great access to the insides without having to ove them!!

7. TMM

TMM Modder

looks great.

... whats with the DVD though :hehe:

8. Camblad

Camblad What's a Dremel?

TMM the dvd in the first pic???

Its just to give some scale to the plexi and its good anime!

or the dvd drive?

Its atatched to the top so that as you open the case up the dvd/psu and hds swind up to. Means if graphics/sound onbard the bottom (motherboard will be totally free of clutter! Oh and the HD will have their sockets to the front so that all the cables run down the inside of the front plate and then connet to Mb pretty much try to stealth all cables so when you look in you get clear veiw of CPU fan spinning away :hip:

9. HowardCanning

HowardCanning What's a Dremel?

What's with these rendered pictures I keep seeing? They all have the same style. What software?

10. Camblad

Camblad What's a Dremel?

Cool isnt it. found it on here its called sketchup just down load from www.sketchup.com gives you 8 hours of trial use. :rock:

11. Camblad

Camblad What's a Dremel?

Did you know pcworld is cool ok not really but every now and then its worth popping in!!! I just got a cool 6" purple neon light and a sound sensative red(relly orange) neon both £1.99 each both work the purple one is coooooollll colour :hip:

Anyway the had a 10" one same price so i'm of there tomo and hope they still have it!!

do you think this a good price?

12. RadioJunkie

RadioJunkie What's a Dremel?

Your idea is very impressive. I like it.

13. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

I can't see any of the pictures; I've refreshed and everything. :'(

14. Aldiwahn_Teerodi

Aldiwahn_Teerodi What's a Dremel?

uh, maybe it has to do with the thread being 2 and a half years old?

15. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

srs. T_T