1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WeldZilla 2 "A New Beginning"

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by WeldZilla, 27 Jun 2004.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

This is a different one than the one on 3GM? I thought the side panel looked different but I haven't been there in quite some time so I forgot exactly what it looked like. If so... how unoriginal! lol

2. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

cool, kinda like those Itees, or what ever they are caled..
    And errrm, I think it looks small, mine is bigger than youres :p

3. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

lool, cool idea, the next stage of casemodding after shorting big towers :hehe:

mod on :dremel:

4. PsychoI3oy

PsychoI3oy Minimodder

i've heard of WTX mods but i think you just came up with the WTFX form factor :p

5. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

LOL :hehe: :D

I like the idea of this thing... quite original :thumb: :dremel:

6. Spy246

Spy246 What's a Dremel?

how much r u selling that blue flame project for?

7. robotguy9000

robotguy9000 What's a Dremel?

yeah, id like to know too....

does it come with that top-o-the-line p2 proc? :sigh:

8. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 29 Jun 2004
  9. WeldZilla

WeldZilla What's a Dremel?

the innards!!!

Epox 4PDA2+ Ver.2, 2.4C SL6Z3 prossy, 1 gig @ 2x512 megs OCZ 3700 DDR platinum Mem, Antec 550watt true power psu, e-Vga 5900 fx vid card, Sound Blaster Audigy2, A veritable plethora of fans, Vantec fan controller, Liteon DVD-Rom, Pioneer DVD Writer, 1250 eheim pump, GM heater core rad, Brilliant water res. The only draw back for now is I only have a 40 gig hdd for it.Will try to fix that before it is done. Speaking of that I told you i hated the top

So......................
    [​IMG]
    I made a new one!! I tacked it up then put it on the case to make sure everything was square. Then I welded it out and cleaned it up.
    [​IMG]

Everything I own is for sale!!! Except the wife,kid and dog. Well maybe the wife and dog. Well maybe just rent the wife and sell the dog. Ok it's all negotiable!!! But, yes I would sell this puter when finished. "If the Price is right"!!

WZ

10. robotguy9000

how old are you? :D

11. WeldZilla

Let's put in some holes!!

Ok, Now in the past I used a dremel to put in all my holes. ( Now thats Ghetto!) Today I use my drill press and a 121mm hole cut saw. (Not Ghetto!)
    It took less than 25 minutes to put a hole in the top,bottom and side window!! It's like cookin' with Gas!!! Easy clean up! All this modern equipment coupled with my vast knowledge is making this too easy!! lol........
    [​IMG]
    This was too much fun!!
    [​IMG]
    And here they are now!! Aren't they just lovely? Let's all give a nice hand!! :clap:
    [​IMG]

WZ

12. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

he's old enough to know better and young enough not to care

13. robotguy9000

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

14. robotguy9000

hmm... that makes sense :blah:

probably older than me (13)

at least i hope he is :worried: :worried:

15. WeldZilla

Look close...

At the pic of me welding you will see the gray hair. Although I will tell you this I got my first gray hair at 19!! Thanks so much Mom!!! She is for sale too!!! I will tell you this I remember as a kid being blown away by the first hand held calculators!! I was looking at puters when the first TI home computer was over $1600 Then they sold them out a year later for $49 it was funny. their were many pissed off people cuz they were crap.When I started. It was with a commodore 64 and it took more than a week of reading just to make a yellow ballon appear and float across the screen. It was an intense week too. Then it was on to amigas 500,2000, 4000 with a video toaster. KiKi and Newtek. Then with my then 15 year old nephew who was already working for a video production company in Spokane, Washington.
    He was just born knowing everything about computing. Very Strange. We could see that we would have to move over to the IBM based world. We hated it!!!! But the writing was on the wall. Missed those motorola chips. Back then they were superior to everything else. you know that amiga 4000 and vid toaster cost a combined $6000!! you young guys have got it so good you just can't believe it. Dumping in Super vhs video then digitizing it then editing it and putting it back on to video tape was intense. Putting on titles, making them scroll. I got to tell you what my P-4 2.66 OC'd to 3150 mhz will do in an hour would have taken days back then!! I was the first guy I knew to buy a CD player. It was when the second generation of CD players came out. Thanks to the invention of the LSI Chip from Yamaha. They were able to make them small and light and finally drove the price down to $500 the Day I bought mine there were only 3 pop, rock discs available to the world!! Yes,Yessongs, Journey, Frontiers, Michael Jackson, Thriller, The other 40 available were all classical. I bought 10 cd's that day!!! So the answer to your Question is 48

WZ

16. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

If he's married, I think it's safe to say he's over 13. :D

Weldzilla, I love it. that's a damned nifty idea. And you're a funny writer too. I'll definitely pay attention to this one!!!

P.S. What's up with the 121mm hole saw? I've only seen 120... Or is this the tool version of amps that go up to 11?

17. robotguy9000

WAHOOAHHH!!!!

how are you gonna hook up the cd drives?

uhoh

18. WeldZilla

Relax Robotguy

It's all been figured in the plan,deep in the recesses of my mind!!!
    They will fit!! Room to spare! I took the time to measure several different drives before this all started. I was born at night but, not last night!!!. I know what you are thinking... Is that it no more pics?? Just a bunch of talk to use as filler?? Yup that's it for today, I am cleaning up my pickup getting ready to take it to work tommorrow. I am geting another welding machine!!!! Is it Christmas here at my house or what? I am totally worked over this. I will poest up a few pics of it tommorrow. If not then sometime this week. I will not let it getaway!! And a few shots of painting the inside of my case.
    There how is that? A preview of coming attractions!!

WZ

19. AutoExec

AutoExec What's a Dremel?

hehe.. about you being the first to buy a cd player: my previous boss, whitch is 33 years old I think, told me that he bought a tape player/recorder when he was.. oh I dunno.. about 17 I guess. A fancy litle thing.. really high tech.. could copy and edit tapes with it.. gave something like $2000 for it. Now a girl he knew at the same time bought an appartment for about the same amount.. and he was like.. "duh.. the stupidity.. appartment in stead of THIS? idiots!"

But a couple of years later the tape recorder was worth just about nothing and the appartment had gone up some 300% in value :p

great project btw.. I really like the idea.. prolly would have done it myself if I wasnt half way through my own project :thumb:

20. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

HAHAHAHA great story Autoexec :D :D

Now on topic: It looks great! but, isn't it inconvenient to have the cd rom etc that way?

I really wish I had one of those 121mm hole cutters :sigh:

Mod on pal!