1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just bought some fireworks online...

Discussion in 'General' started by fieroloki, 29 Jun 2004.

1. fg0d

fg0d Banned

dont get my wrong, i like fireworks as much as the next person. BUT $400 !!! I got in trouble for possesion of bunch, its illegal in NJ..

2. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

you prolly go in trouble for possestion cos your 12.

it cant be that illegal for fireworks but there it prolly a law like no fireworks for under 18/21's

3. fg0d

fg0d Banned

nope, all fireworks are illegal. even novelties. Sparklers :ROFL: are allowed..

4. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

ROTFL

NJ sux pretty hard then?? :D

:grr: You yanks get your fireworks now! I have to wait till 5th of November :wallbash:

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Easy now, its not obvious to those who arent merikan.

6. Confusitron

Confusitron What's a Dremel?

Around my parts fireworks that shoot into the air are illegal, but bottlerockets seem to be tolerated by the police. There is something else that is outlawed too... It is quite boring.

7. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Same thing in NY.. All types of fireworks are illegal without a license. We can't have them shipped in from another state either.. If I want fireworks, I need to go into Pennsylvania or oddly enough go to an indian reservation to buy. The funny thing is that they're illegal in Pennsylvania too and they won't sell them to you if you live there, only if you live out-of-state and they do ask for ID.

8. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

that would be funny.
    i'm going to try that with 2 litre's of white spirit this bonfire night.

thanks Smilodon i love american chopper too.

9. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

I watched some EOD guys blow up loads of anti-tank mines in Bosnia, that was very cool. The ground shook as each hole packed with mines and plastic explosives was detonated.

Scariest thing was watching the EOD guys slapping the plastic explosive onto the mines. :jawdrop: They assured me that they took upwards of 120kgs of dead weight to go off so you could hit them with a hammer without them detonating.

I trusted him on that statement and headed for the shelter.

10. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

My family has had a lot of close calls with fireworks. Once, I had these rocket things that you stick on a nail and set them off. Somehow one of those went up about 5ft in the air and turned straight toward me. I ducked and it bounced off of my house and blew up right next to me. Another time my cousin got a bottle rocket stuck in her hair - burned a good bit of it off but didn't really hurt her. Also - artillery shells, had one of those blow up in the middle of about 7 family members. It shot off and got blown and went off about 3ft off the ground. Luckily no one was hurt in that.

One cool thing I saw with artillery shells - put the tube on the tail of a skateboard. The kick is enough to pop the board off of the ground sometimes - bad side is the shell doesn't as good of a launch and explodes around 7-8ft if that.

11. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

i like fireworos and all but they tend to get annoying. especcally in the town center you get all the little yobs blowing them up in the street i almost got hit with a rocket as it exploded in the street and the police did **** all.

but there again they dont tend to do alot there was this guy getting the crap kicked out of him with a trash can. and the police arrested the guy that was getting the crap kicked out of him and let the other guy throw the trash can at them and run off.

12. Piratetaco

a friend of mine bought a repeater.they set it off behind their house and it fell over as it was firing.half of dozen of the things went thought their back window.

13. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Celebrating the 4th of July with fireworks = $50

Watching your $50 cause $15,000 worth of damage... priceless. :D

EDIT: Reminds me of the guy who filmed himself having a box of rockets fired at him. I'm not sure what was funnier, the rockets actually hitting him or the bucket of water thrown at him to cool him down after the "rocket attack" missing him completely...hahahaha

14. Xiachunyi

Xiachunyi What's a Dremel?

My dad doesn't let me buy fireworks. :waah:

Although he was the one that shot small fireworks up girls' dresses. :naughty:

15. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

didn't one manage to get inside his face mask/helmet and spin round inside? :D

16. Piratetaco

do you have a link?

17. apollyon

apollyon What's a Dremel?

all fireworks are illegal here in michigan to, except for those that don't leave the ground (sparklers, poppers, fountains, etc.) :( but, ohio is only about a 20-30 minute drive from my house :D and iirc, phantom fireworks is doing there 99 cent sale right now, but anything and get a second for 99 cents :rock: , think maybe i may need to hit the bank and hop in the car tomorrow