1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Cold Heat Soldering Tool -- Does It Work?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by BoCoMoFo, 29 Jun 2004.

1. BoCoMoFo

BoCoMoFo What's a Dremel?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can see it here: http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/69d3/

If you do know what it is and have used it, I'd like to know if it actually solders as well as a standard soldering tool.

Anyone? Anyone? :dremel:

2. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

I just saw a commercial for one like that, i dont think it was the same but same concept. I to would like to know what people think of them

3. Mecha_Mindslayer

Mecha_Mindslayer Banned

If these things work im going to defo buy one. Would save my fingers :eek:

4. JoyRider

JoyRider What's a Dremel?

I'd buy one........It'll save a lot of energy, no power cable or anything, just 4 simple rechargeble batteries. It cools down instantly so you won't burn your hands on it if you've laid it down and touch it without notice.And it's cheap.... :D (for a soldering iron)

5. PsychoI3oy

PsychoI3oy Minimodder

disclamer: don't own one, never used one, don't know anyone that has...

the biggest problem I see with this tool (and any others similar to it) is that in order for it to heat up, the tip has to have both sides of the split in contact with metal to create an electrical current. This is a problem when working on very small things where there's simply not enough room to touch both halves of the tip, and also when working on electronics that'd be sensitive to random voltages passing through them.

just my $.02US