1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Flashy gaming gear

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Skutbag, 23 Jun 2004.

1. Skutbag

Skutbag What's a Dremel?

Anyone use anything other than your standard keyboard and mouse? And has it made any difference. Anyone remember the (hope I get this right) Boomslang? Wasn't it supposed to take over FPS games controllers (if you believe the hype). I
    was thinking of splashing out on a nice wireless mouse for gaming and started noticing things like the Zboard Crossfire keyboard with an interchangeable games key set. Pointless or actually useless?

2. dom_

dom_ --->

mx510 mouse from logitech... perfect for games. love her to bits.
    also a good 5.1 speaker systems helps, decent monitor :) keyboard wise i have a microsoft natural keyboard.
    good combo

3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

A Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick. Useless for FPS of course, but great for Flight Sim :thumb:

And a MX700 mouse of course.

4. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

good 5.1 soundcard(audigy player) and 5.1 speakers.works great in BFV for finding those b*****d snipers.

5. Erasmus

Erasmus What's a Dremel?

On my main machine, I use a regular Microsoft optical mouse, but I use an Icemat 2nd edition gamer's pad. I would highly recommend checking out mouse pads designed for people that play video games. If you have a few dollars laying around, it's a good investment. :)

6. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

logitech mx duo (mx700 and wireless kb) :D
    a huge monitor
    and of course 5.1 sound :)

oh yeah, and an >=10 year old joystick :rock:

7. apollyon

apollyon What's a Dremel?

ratpadz mouse pad clicky
    5.1 surround sound headphones that's right, 5.1 headphones
    belkin nostromo n52 speedpad you know you want me

as far as gaming gear that's all i really use specifically for the gaming. I LOOOVE the nostromo, it's really easily configured and bloody spectacular for setting up hotkeys, macros, etc. for FPS and all other games. The headphones are great for gaming, 5.1 setup is spectacular for finding snipers as mentioned above and being as there headphones it's a considerably more "intimate" experience then speakers. And the ratpadz is awesome, can be bought for no more then 10 bucks and on a new one your mouse will glide across it like butter.

for a mouse i use the microsoft intellimouse wireless explorer 2.0 (leather version, ooh so sexy), but i wouldn't reccomend it for gaming. It's not as fast as the mx510 and the soft scroll wheel is great for surfing bit-tech but not to good for games. I have a friend who uses the newest boomslang, it's incredibly fast, and i've also used the mx510, it's bloody awesome to.

8. dom_

dom_ --->

yeah the mx510 is great when you doulbe jump in ut2004, because with a flick of the wrist you have done a 360 and looked around the enitre room

9. rK@NE

rK@NE Rover's gonna get it...

A friend of mine used to play quake with a joystick and a keyboard..... funny thing was he was pretty damn good :confused:

10. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I actually saw a movie with the kid playing on his dads work pc, and the game was very easily recognisable as counter strike! :D thing was the kid was playing it with a joystick, very WTF? lol.

[EDIT] Forgot to mention i use the microsoft wireless desktop in combination with a wiredmicrosoft intellimouse v3 i beleive and my Saitek Cyborg EVO joystick for my flying games :D [/EDIT]

Last edited: 30 Jun 2004
  11. Ashen

Ashen What's a Dremel?

Coolermaster ALU keyboard. Takes a bit of getting used to BUT it's highly responsive. Logitech MX510 - The best for games. Allsop Gigapad XL mousemat (www.allsop.com/gigapad/) - its cloth, aquired taste.

Tags: