1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Industrial Raptor :: UPDATED 7/21 ::

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by B|ing, 30 Mar 2004.

1. ErictheHank

ErictheHank What's a Dremel?

I use Cox Cable in Kansas. The sad part is that their servers for hosting customer sites aren't very responsive either.

2. B|ing

B|ing What's a Dremel?

sorry bout that... when I signed up for that free service didn't pay any attention to bandwidth limit and I guess having my worklog on 3 popolar forums will cauze overload :duh:

But I now have my pix on a friends server so there are no bandwidth limits so enjoy the pix.

3. ErictheHank

ErictheHank What's a Dremel?

I like the design for the side panel....kinda makes it look like a bear got to it.....or a raptor (I just remembered the title of the thread). Good work.

4. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

well i see them.... and you screwed up the pone picture....
    [​IMG]

umm....the drives do need work..the grill front looks awsome...the rips look good...and keep up the good work...and i agree with the need for some color contrast....!!!

5. OneMadPoptart

OneMadPoptart What's a Dremel?

Some color contrast is needed to really make this a stand out case.

What did you think of my idea to put the steel mesh behind the slashes in the sidepanel and paint them some nifty color (red for bl00d for instance :D )?

The drive covers do need a little work to even everything out, but i'm sure you've got everything under control.

-OMP

6. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

heh heh you said cox

no seriously this is looking very good keep up the good work

7. B|ing

B|ing What's a Dremel?

ok so After this project has been moved around every part of my room for the last several months I have gotten back to work on it. I trashed my CD covers and front accents and decided I wanted a 120mm intake on the front in hopes of getting water cooling. I am currenly tossin around a couple of ideas on what to do with the front and am open to any suggestions.

Here is the new intake:
    [​IMG]

and Here is the side panel looking into the mobo with the mesh installed:
    [​IMG]

:dremel: :rock: :dremel:

8. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

looking good!
    Looks kinda industrial with the steel mesh..
    And if you hav badnwith problems, i sugest using www.photobucket to host some of the pictures, B-T will generate some bandwith :eeek:

Anyway, keep it up, gonna follow this one (to) :dremel:

\\Balder

9. Nevex

Nevex What's a Dremel?

Nice work, the cdrom stealthing needs a bit more work.

10. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

You should compress your images more, they're massive filesize with respect to the actual physical size of the pictures. That way they'd load quicker and won't use so much of your hosts bandwidth.

11. B|ing

B|ing What's a Dremel?

yah I guess BT does pull just a little bandwidth... ya know only 500mb of it between 4AM yesterday and 2PM today. So I took your advice and shrunk down the size of those images, I cut them down to a third of the size... don't want bit-tech forums eatin up my monthly bandwidth in the first couple days of the month :p

12. OneMadPoptart

OneMadPoptart What's a Dremel?

What happened to those raptor cutouts?

13. B|ing

B|ing What's a Dremel?

those are now goin on the back side... I decided I wanted to be able to see my internals and all there magisty... or sumtin. I figured it would come out lookin better with the large window on this side, plus the side panels can fit on either side :D

14. robotguy9000

robotguy9000 What's a Dremel?

whithout a sanding block :jawdrop: you could have just made one

15. coil

coil What's a Dremel?

I think the CD covers are deliberately off-center, because they're reversed from each other. It's an interesting idea; you'll just need to make it really clean so it *does* look intentional.

If they're supposed to be lined up with each other... well, then they're not. (;

Also, I'd suggest painting/vinyl-dying the hidden parts of both drives black. You can see the beige through the gap between the two metal parts, and it looks... well, beige.

16. B|ing

B|ing What's a Dremel?

for those who dont read text... I will make this a little bigger

I trashed my CD covers and front accents

I am workin on a new idea for the cd-roms

17. WaZzUp115

WaZzUp115 What's a Dremel?

woha.. you dont have to scream it out loud.. :p

18. MechWarrior

MechWarrior What's a Dremel?

Yes he did, i wouldnt have seen it otherwise :p

19. B|ing

B|ing What's a Dremel?

so I was doin some yard work at my grandpa's 2nd house (he lives with his g/f who I call my g-ma... they have been together for like 15years.)

anyways, I was doin yard work out there and my g-pa is a pack rat. He sells nothing and throws nothing away. you can see it in his 7 cars that are sitting at the house he dosent even live at and the 3 cars 1 SUV 1 van and 2 trucks sitting where he lives. So I started looking through his garege... OMFG TONS OF FRIGGEN SPIDERS AND WEBS!!!!!!!! and I found a stack of 4 toolboxes still in the box's soooo I took one for my modding supplies. But the great find was I found the cover to a battery charger from around the 70's or maybe 80's. well on it there are 2 guages. 1 for Amps and 1 for volts 8) soooooo again I took it cuz those gauges will look niiiice on my case.

here is a pick of the guage wired up to my test PSU
    [​IMG]

and here is a pic of what it came from
    [​IMG]

20. B|ing

B|ing What's a Dremel?

So its 5AM and I just got some modding done 8) This mornin.... well night since I haven't slept yet... course this is my normal schedule. But tonight I got my holes cut in my front for my intake and my cd-roms. Also when I was at lowes on Mon I picked up something I am hoping I can use it to sleeve my wires. BUT since I got it home don't know if I can but I'm still gonna try.

Here is what I got to try and sleeve with.
    [​IMG]

Here is the front before any cuts were made to it.
    [​IMG]

Here is my front intake before I have cleaned it up. ALso that piece u see under the cut will be gone, I plan on removing alot of the fronet frame so that wont be there next time I break out the dremel.
    [​IMG]

Here is my hole I cut for my cd-roms... they also need to be cleaned up.
    [​IMG]

And here is the front of the case as it looks now
    [​IMG]