1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple says Sony lied about Ipod

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 8 Jul 2004.

1. LiquidGUI

LiquidGUI What's a Dremel?

I would be nice if the next iPod would allow SHN. http://www.etree.org
    Lossless, basicly WAV shaving off 20% of its size. Sounds great for live shows.
    BTW
    The Savior: Is the Darcy from SP in the BWBW video?

2. Penrhos

Penrhos What's a Dremel?

Sony software sucks big style, I have a net-md and next to any other mp3 jukebox software it blows major chunks for being clunky, unfriendly and resource hungry - nearly as bad as musicmatch bodge-job Apple supplied before Itunes for windows.
    That insisted it needed over a gig of ram to sync my 25Gig mp3 collection. - Good job my Ipod only holds 30Gi.
    If I tried to sync my main collection ( > 200 Gig, I own them all - honest ;-) ) I think I would have had to have more ram than the Server i use at work to support a 300 user financials package.
    I just use XMBC and play them on the Hi-Fi remotely from my server in the garage.

3. ciaran.mooney

ciaran.mooney Minimodder

You've hit the nail on the head there mate! Thats why audiophiles wont use the Sony MP3-esque walkman. And also the reason why companies should look into alternatives to MP3/WMA, as there are much better candidates out there.

4. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

I'd just be happy it there was a cheap player (sub $250) that could play OGG, I've heard some VBR OGG files around 30-40K/s that sound better than 192K mp3.

I think it is funny how VBR mp3s totaly screw up the length in windows media player. (35:43 for a 7 min song :hehe: )

5. ciaran.mooney

ciaran.mooney Minimodder

OGG files are much better quality than MP3, in my opionion. A testament to this is that now I insists that when my friends send me music over the internet that it be in the OGG format.

6. The Savior

The Savior What's a Dremel?

Look into the Rio Karma. 20 gig HD (Can be modded to 40 gig), plays mp3, wma, vorbis, flac, and wav. Wonderful unit. Costs right around $250.

7. Infraggable Krunk

Infraggable Krunk What's a Dremel?

i recently aquired music that was encoded in ape format. After searching for the monkey audio codecs ( i think thats what its called) winamp was off and running. I have to say i was really impressed , im not an audiophile but I have a set of sony mdr-60 with beyer velour pads and I cranked the volume up and I heard no distortion.

i havent hear atrac but I can definately recommend ape encoded songs now

Tags: Add Tags