1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project:: Black Lightning-- FINISHED!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by JEEVES, 1 Apr 2004.

1. brandonvb

brandonvb What's a Dremel?

wow, actually bondo-ing those lightning tubes into the front, arnt you afraid of them like going out, or something happening when you are all done, and having to break them out of the bondo, and re-do the whole front?

2. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

That should not be a problem as the tubes cover the actual woring of the thing. I would gguess if they went out je could just open the tops of the tube and take out the interior of the tube and replace it.

Those are my thoughts

3. BlackMan

BlackMan Minimodder

wow, i love this case, i can believe i have missed it, this is really a nice case, but i would have kept the blue colour to the case, it looks very nice.

keep up the awesome work :rock:

4. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

Like I said i got my package today so here is what was inside.

[​IMG]

I already have a pump and zalman cpu block (yes i know its not a swiftech but i actualy like the zalman block better than the swiftech cpu). I also ordered my new mobo and cpu from newegg today. A gigabyte mobo and p4 2.4c, I hope what i am told is true and that little sucker can oc like a mofo :rock: Well wen you will see where the radiator is going to be mounted. until then

JEEVES

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yes, it can :) Mine's at 3.2 with only +.025v (or one notch anyways). The key is awesome ram to pair it with :)

Nice so far, I like that top setup.

6. BadOldMan

BadOldMan What's a Dremel?

I dont want to rain on your parade but how it OC's will depend on it's batch...

Look here for a database of CPU's, their batch numbers and their OC's

Hope that helps.

edit: dud link

Last edited: 13 Jul 2004
  7. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

Yeah I know it all depends on the batch, I used to work in the cage at frys (if you have been to frys you know what the cage is) but those who dont it is where they keep all oem hard drives, ram, cpus. I used to sit there looking at all the batch numbers looking for older amd cpus. And one time this guy came in looking for a specific batch number for p4 2.8c, we had them and the guy bought 8 of them :eeek: . I am just hoping that this one inperticular will do nice. And thank you for the link, that is very useful.

JEEVES

8. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

if you go and search the "For Sale Forum" you will see early last school year i was trying to sell this case with its old 400w psu and no one was interested in it because the right side is pretty well scratched up cause it fell off when i was walking up cement stairs :grr:

9. ColD_FusSioN

ColD_FusSioN What's a Dremel?

i really want to see the progress of this mod, is looking real good so far..

10. ColD_FusSioN

it keeps getting better

11. ColD_FusSioN

The vfd looks :rock: in blue!!!

12. jaguarking11

Well when you oc that sucker. Be sure to keep it below the northwood death voltage. The voltage is 1.8v and it will cause suden deaths on northwoods.

BTW I am geting a presscott chip (3.0E) to be exact. I hope i can oc close to 4.0ghz.

Good luck With the oc.

13. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

I thought about getting the presscott chip, but have only heard so so things about it.

JEEVES

14. jaguarking11

Well I have heard not to gr8 things about presscotts as well but I want a challenge. And presscotts are good chips if you cool em properly. I am going to water cool it so it should be good. But I havent bought the presscott yet so Ill decide when im ready to buy it.

I was almost tempted to buy a p4 2.4A (presscott core) and iot does oc very well with air (around 3.5ghz) but It is not a hyperthreading chip. And I want hyperthreading so I decided to bite the bullet and get a presscott.

Btw my p4 2.4A runs at 3.0ghz with air from a celery heatsink. But it is not a HT chip and its stock system buss is 400mhz. so I am ocing it from 100 to 125system buss = 500mhz fsb. btw i am running the chip on 1.7vcore to hit 3.0ghz but thats because its not being cooled properly.

15. camaro

camaro What's a Dremel?

vdf

where did u get that vdf iw as lookin for it and ic ant find it
    btw the case is looking great :rock: :rock: keep up the good work :thumb:

16. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

I got it off of ebay for 70 bucks. you can order it direct from www.noritake.com but i do not know how much it will be off of there. I love it, tons of fun (just wish the "pixels" were smaller).

JEEVES

17. camaro

camaro What's a Dremel?

thanks ill check it out btw i love this mod lol i cant wait to see it done but than what will i do with my freetime hmmmmm :dremel: :rolleyes:

18. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

Alright, got the false bottom in and rad mounted today. Didnt get as much done as i was planning (but when do you ever). Well here we go.

First had to measure everything out and draw it on the sheet of aluminum.
    [​IMG]

Then I cut it out with metal snips and then bent it where needed using the portable work bench. Had to take the bottom off to get it to fit tho, but once i got it in there it looked prety good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I had to stick the the door on just to see how high it would hit and if the door would still fit on correctly. Now keep in mind that the window will be tinted black so you wont be able to see the false bottom (well mabey alittle).
    [​IMG]

And a shot through the fan hole in the front to show you how much room it gives me down there.
    [​IMG]

And you ask, what on earth you need that much room for? Well my radiator, 120 fan, and pump of coarse
    [​IMG]

Used a 117mm hole saw to cut out the circle and then cut two holes and put grommets in there for the water tubes going to the radiator. here it is mounted.
    [​IMG]

and another shot
    [​IMG]

then of coarse had to see it with the door on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also did some more detail work on the front, some more filler putty and sanding and then primed it again to see how it was looking. (have a hard time telling the imperfections when it is 4 diffrent colors)
    [​IMG]
    Looking better but still needs some work.

And just for kicks i kinda tossed the top side and front on just to get an overall idea. It is not put together all the way and looks realy getto. But it atleast gives you an idea on how everything will fit together.
    [​IMG]

Like I said didnt get near what i wanted to done today, but at least i got some done. I am hoping to have the bottom done and the chassy painted this weekend. As well as the front finished and painting started on it. I am actualy starting to feel the end is near (very happy about that, it was starting to feel like it was never going to be done).

JEEVES

19. jaguarking11

I know exactly how you feel. I am feeling the same way with my project. I feel like im lost in the mess of wires and paint and puddy. And to top it off its only about 50% done. :wallbash: :wallbash:

ah well thats life. Keep modding it looks very good. :rock:

20. Atarax

Atarax What's a Dremel?

A real quality job so far, keep it up. Isnt Bondo the greatest? maybe i missed the answer to this but are you going to have the air going over the rad from the front to the back out of those 2 bottom PCI slots? bring on the updates :clap: :rock: