1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valve software Demo PC by PilouX [SHIPPED]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by piloux, 8 Jun 2004.

1. NEOBOB22

NEOBOB22 What's a Dremel?

hello piloux :rock: :thumb:
    i've an idea for the cover of the mobo which is in plexy, why dont make ball shot into?? like in the panel :dremel:
    good job en tout cas :clap:

2. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

About time I give some praise for this mod .................
    sorry , words fail me !
    Will try again .... This has got to be (with your other case ) THE definition of a theme case ! You just keep outdoing yourself and I can't wait for what's to come next !
    DB

3. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

wow, i dont visit the forum for a week or two, and i miss this!!!!!!!! piloux..it is lookign even better than the first hl2 case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Cecil-San

Cecil-San What's a Dremel?

Very nice Piloux...amazing work

I'm sure Valve's clients will enjoy the theme when demo'ing the game...keep it up...

5. apHytHiaTe

apHytHiaTe What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the update Piloux :D (finally, hehe) I am really starting to think that this one will be better than the last one! :jawdrop: Wasn't sure at first, but now I'm glued! (Subscribing Definitely) This thing is going to be awesome. Keep up the good work.

BTW. I love that fluorescent orange perspex m8! :hip:

God bless,

apHytHiaTe

6. Atarax

Atarax What's a Dremel?

I know, I know, im sure its strange to hear someone say this but...wow, im stunned :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

7. Novakog

Novakog What's a Dremel?

Wow, every post I'm liking it more and more - I think it's gonna be better than Blackmesa! :thumb:

More on the critique side, I agree that that orange perspex looks too clean. If you could somehow manage to actually crack it, it would look better IMO.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2004
  8. Raymus

Raymus What's a Dremel?

Theres no way this will be better then the original Blackmesa case. However still outstanding modding. Looks sweet. :thumb:

9. CT-Petzolinni

CT-Petzolinni What's a Dremel?

nice work dude.

I love your stile

GRTS

10. Speak Easy

Speak Easy What's a Dremel?

Great mod Piloux. :rock: Now if you and Zap could only do some sort of joint project... :naughty:

11. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

The internals are looking great, I'm just a bit sceptical that the door (even with the plexi window) will hide to much of that excellent work.

I've got to say I love your work piloux. :thumb:

What is the deadline for the project?

12. splashdream

splashdream What's a Dremel?

Philoux,

Love the work you have done on this project along with the first HL2 mod. Superb craftsmanship and design. I do have however, one suggestion/feedback. Given the whole HL2 theme and the industrial design about it have you given any thought to the fact that the Orange plexi over the mother board is a little too "perfect"? Meaning the surface looks brand new instead of looking like it was just damaged due to a huge blast. Just a thought but what about scratching the orange plexi and then going over it with a thin coat of either brown or mustard yellow color to give it a slight discoloration as though it has been hit with chemicals during the explosion?

Keep up the awesome work!

13. Rexxie

Rexxie What's a Dremel?

I'd have to agree, I think the orange plexi over the motherboard looks a bit new and out of place, but I really love it in the top. Nice work anyway :thumb:

14. Twitch

Twitch What's a Dremel?

ENOUGH SPAM

15. apHytHiaTe

apHytHiaTe What's a Dremel?

RE: Spam

If you don't like the spam, which is inherent with a modding idol like piloux, then don't read the thread. You can see the project at a glance with out all of the sweet-talk and arguing if you go to the Official Pictoral Log :waah:

Edit: What in the world is that emoticon doing here? :D

16. Butch

Butch What's a Dremel?

Once again Pilox returns with another trick up his sleeve and a new toy in his pocket.

This project is going to look great when done, Pilox you have successfuly mastered the technique of the rusting affect and its going to beat AGAIN!

Cant wait to see the end result of this, following your log again! lol

Fantastic work so far, keep up the great work mate!! :thumb:

Butch :hip:

17. wo^tron

wo^tron What's a Dremel?

Just a quick post to say I love your work piloux. Your work grabs my attention more on a design scale than the actually modding. A lot of credit is given for your ability to craft these mods, but I am more impressed with your ability to dream this stuff up and actually be able to execute it so perfectly. Not only could most not create this mod, but even more probably couldnt even conceive it in such great detail.

Keep up the great work.

18. theagent

theagent What's a Dremel?

beautiful, simply beautiful

19. Omnipotence

Omnipotence What's a Dremel?

This looks amazing, but I think I know away you can make it look even better. The broken perspex on the aluminium looks great, but somewhat out of place. What would be cool is if you could build something similar on the opposite side of the case (near the hard drives) so it looks like a large amount of perspex has been broken out (that which "would" have covered the motherboard). I'm not sure how much better I could explain it.

It would certainly add some continuity. Just my 2 cents :)

20. Vazzini42

Vazzini42 What's a Dremel?

i think this is what Omnipotence means,

[​IMG]

Don't mean to screw with your photos Piloux, and sorry for the horrible looking drawing LOL

(If this goes against the forum rules plz delete it mods) :confused:

Last edited: 16 Jul 2004