1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Size Me

Discussion in 'General' started by SitraAchra, 26 May 2004.

1. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

i blame the parents, at the end of the day its their responsibility.. its like on GMTV a few days ago, there was a 9 yr old girl who wieghs more than my mum, i cant remember how much she wieghed but it was a ******* lot.. like 100kg,s..

Last edited by a moderator: 15 Jul 2004
  2. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

****ting hell thats 15 stone.thats more than me.wooooaaaahhhh :eeek:

3. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

i cant remember where i read it. but theres so mutch sugar in a cheese burger that if they didnt put the gurkin in there it would be classed as a desert. i think it was in the daily mail where a guy wanted to see what happened if he ate 3 meals a day in mcdonalds what woudl happen.

the rules were he had to try everything ont he menu atleast once.

any offeres said by the teller must be taken up on.

at teh begining he was close to average health

at the end he was a week away from a heart attack his blood presure went to hypertention levels

its in the daily mail from last saturday or sunday ill go down and have a look if any cares.

4. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

I work at a mcdonalds in the UK and they just put a poster up about this Film and what to do if a customer asks about it :D

5. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

warmr could you post the text of the article?

6. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

its a double page spread. so theres alot of text there ill look on the mail website for it. if i cant find it ill type it up after my driving lesson.

page 49, 50,51 and 52 of the mail on sunday july 11th

Last edited: 15 Jul 2004
  7. GhettoNAR

GhettoNAR What's a Dremel?

Yea Post what that creepy clown thinks about the movie. I want to hear the unofficial view that Micky D's has on it!

8. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Can't you tell? Christ, lately they've been going crazy with this low-fat/carb thing and all these health-conscious advertizements (adult happy meals, etc)..

9. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

So tell us, what are you supposed to do??? That's interesting

10. Jedi

Jedi What's a Dremel?

very interesting, maybe a picture of the poster Lazy ;)

11. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

Has this thread just shivelled up and died?

I was interested in the advice McDonalds gave it's staff so it'd be a shame if no-one posted...

12. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

I have since ceased my employment with the golden arches but from what I can remember:

It was basically a few things to say if a customer asked about the movie and said things like:

The experiment was unfair as he did no excercise
    Mcdonalds food can be eaten as part of a balanced diet
    Refer all customers to the mcdonalds customer service phone number

If i had known that there was such interest in the contents of the rather large poster I would have pinched it. I'll see what I can do to get my hands on it ;)

13. zero002021

zero002021 What's a Dremel?

One thing I see that nobodys really mentioned yet. Sure, we've got a problem with obesity, but what about dieting? Thousands of people are taking it overboard with dieting nowadays thanks to the media. You have all these girls that sit at home watching MTV all the time, being told what to wear, how to act, and that they should weight 50 pounds and die if someone pokes them.

14. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

Yeah, I just finished reading a book about sororities called Pledged and a plumber had to visit the sorority house every few months to fix the pipes because they were barfing up the food so much that their stomach acid was eroding the pipes.

I'd say about 80% of girls I know are obsessed w/ their diets and how they look.

15. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I think that raises a pretty good point. As much as this film was trying to educate the public on the dangers of overeating and junk-food, I think more emphasis should be placed on proper eating. There is too much emphasis on Atkins, South Beach and all the other wonder-diets that make you shed weight if you don't eat a certain food group. I think popular, mainstream culture really needs to realize that not everyone has to be the paragon of fitness with ripped muscles and a washboard stomach.

Whatever happened to just being healthy and happy with who you are? Am I "fit as a fiddle?" No. But neither am I overweight. I am very energetic and I spend lots of time doing physical activities. Sure, I could stand to lose a pound or two, but that won't stop me from eating McDonalds occasionally. Eating moderately and good exercise, those are still the two best weight loss techniques, regardless of what the media will tell you.

On another note...I don't understand a lot of the people I hear or read about in interviewss. They all complain that the supersize option is too large and that they rarely finish the food. So why opt for the Supersize option? If you know for a fact that it is too much, why not just get the large? What about the medium? McDonalds didn't exactly force-feed any of these people.

I suppose it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

-monkey

16. Zizou

Zizou What's a Dremel?

...Input/output!!

Supermonkey has it all!!!

Eating @ Mc-Donald's a few times a month, even, once or two times a week is not the problem. They sell fast food, not rat poison... the problem is eating at Mc-Donald's, take your car home and then watching TV all night!

To fight obesity, there's only one good solution:

-----> M O V E ! ! ! ! ! <------

Exercise, walk, bike, swim, run, whatever you want, but MOVE!!!!

It's darn simple: Energetically you must be on a deficit! Spend more than you earn! An dfor that, there's only one solution. move. So stop whining against Mc-Do and take care of yourself.

Ok Bye!! I have to quit this computer and take a walk!

17. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

i actually got anoyed when they took the supersize option off the menu as on the occasion i eat mcdonalds was for lunch at college the food has to last me till at least 5:30pm when i eat dinner to goto work. so now they removed that option i am forced to spend more money in order to get the amount of food i need to keep me going till such a time. so now instead of a super big mac meal its now a large mac meal with 2 double cheese burgurs.

also what happened to the mega mac and the normal big mac. the big mac has decreased in size any one remembered when the big mac used to overflow with salad and mayonase and stuff. (go into burgurking and ask for a XL whopper(sp?) now that is what the big mac used to look like.)

since when was the mega mac to big.

i see it as minimise the portions sell more food maximise prophets. they would make more money if they eliminated wastage when makeing the burgurs. ( a friend who worked there for 3 days before she walked out said every night there woudl be a full dustbin of food alone wasted.)

now where i work if i wasted 1 leaf of salad i am shouted at.

[/mc donalds rant over]

18. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

Of course the dustbin is full of food everynight, it's because of the way the industry works. I shall try to offer some insight:

Customers come in and want their food there and then and as it is meant to be 'fast food'. Customers come in right up untill a store shuts and as they can't be kept waiting a stockpile of food has to be kept in the bin (the bin is actually the proper name for the heated cabinet where food is kept warm). As it is impossible to predict demand for food naturally at the end of the night we a store closes there is some food left over. Whatever is not consumed by the employees doing the close will be recorded as waste and thrown away.

A lot of the larger stores will easily have enough to fill up a bin no problem, it's just how it is.

Also I maybe wrong but in the two years I worked at Mcdonalds the only things that changed size was the size of the chicken premier patties and the chicken sandwich buns.

Just ask for extra mayo/salad in your big mac when you order they'll sort it out no problem.

As for the supersize option, I seriously doubt Mcdonalds had any good 'lets promote healthy eating' motive when they got rid of it. Hardly anyone ever bought supersize, it just didn't sell at all.

In regards to mega mac and double quarter pounder the mcdonalds I worked at didn't have the capacity to make these. You can get a maximum of 9 regular meat patties on a grill. A mega mac has 4 patties in so that is 2 per grill and we only had 2 grills for regualr patties. They also didn't sell at all really... thankgod.

Last edited: 25 Sep 2004
  19. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

:grr: Dude, need I say this again? Let's NOT go there. I'm a typical American consumer, I have kids, my kids are average weight for their height and age. What this pic represents is the extreme, NOT the typical. I'm getting REAL tired of this US bashing people - I don't care if it's in jest or not.

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Anything BUT typical imo. Its like one of those jokes that is getting a bit old now mate :blah: