1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide DigiMeter - LED System Activity Bar-Graph/Chaser - SOFTWARE v1.7

Discussion in 'Modding' started by acrimonious, 31 May 2004.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

That's asking to a) kill the port and b) go blind. Not to mention nobody sane could afford 32M LEDs

That software on the pointofnoreturn website is quite buggy, it crashes after a while. And the winamp meters also don't work right in XP (or it doesn't for me and that's why I made it initially)

Regarding superbrights, I have some that draw ~20mA on my meter and no problems.

The XP version works kinda well for me, except I have three issues:
    it updates the LEDs way too slowly (1 second doesn't cut it for me, and it reverts back to that if you try and lower it)
    It refuses to light the last LED. No it's not the wiring, I've checked and tested with other software.
    Once you hit start and minimize, you can't get it back! At least i can't find it, I can only close it by means of ending it in task manager.

Maybe it's my PCI SATA controller, but even in the HDD activity mode, it only lights up the first 4 LEDs even when defragging... that should be about as much drive activity as possible right?

About the data source error, uninstall the other software and it goes away. Err... get rid of the win2k version if you're in xp with the control panel uninstall.

fq0d, rotate the resistor/led setup 180 degrees (+ at the port side, - at the ground side) and then it's correct

2. Cisko

Cisko What's a Dremel?

:clap:

ll try when i get have some time :)

3. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

You'd kill your PSU not your port since the COM port version is Molex powered, you'd probably need about 1600 PSUs.

4. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

Computer activity monitor, works on all operating systems. Kindly ask these people what do they use for monitoring computer activity and port to the digibus.

http://www.scitechconcept.com/glint.html

5. mobius9

mobius9 Minimodder

6. acrimonious

Looks very much just like a GUI for the same control i'm using, it's probably just implimented better than i did it.

7. mobius9

mobius9 Minimodder

oh man I want that bass plugin so bad. Any chance someone here could make one, I'm still offering the $.

8. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

Man this is why I code in VB.NET. VB6 is such a piece of garbage!

That said, Acrimonious this is a pretty neat lil proggy. i had one of the circuits left over from one of my own attempts (well it really just watches the datalines with LEDs, uses a pair of hex buffers all on a breadboard).. but i tried the software and it does have its problems. Good luck to you working that out. if you want any assistance in (or want me to) port it over to .NET lemme know.

9. Firehed

Me too, as long as it's winamp 2.x compatible :) *hates 3 and 5*

10. acrimonious

Cheers for the offer, but i'm already in the process of porting it myself. :thumb:

If anyone can get me a nice VB .NET module/how-to that interfaces with winamp, i'll include winamp support in the next program.

11. grudge

grudge What's a Dremel?

I'll write it for you. Tell me exactly how you want it to work. With what it needs to interface and I'll maybe even do it tonight.

Lemme know (pm)

12. acrimonious

Schweet.

Just need something that can report WinAmp stats into my program. I envision calling a DLL or adding a VB module into my program and then retriving the values from global variable sets, for example... WinAmp.TrackProgress, WinAmp.VolumeLevel, WinAmp.TrackLength, etc

:thumb:

13. grudge

grudge What's a Dremel?

ok, I'll try and do the plugin and a seperate dll file the winamp interfacing. Stay tuned...

14. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

dudes, i have no idea how to even start making a program. :blush:

[kneels on ground and bows] I'm not worthy!!!

15. Demigod14

Demigod14 What's a Dremel?

Lemme know when you get that done Grudge, as long as it works with Winamp 5 on XP w/ SP1 ((So basically it works with my computer)) I'll give ya like 10 bucks too.

16. grudge

grudge What's a Dremel?

Quick Update : Started playing with it last night, and a plugin for Winamp 5 is taking shape. I was hoping it would work under Winamp 2.x as well, but I'm still having some problems with that. Will have a download soon.

17. mobius9

mobius9 Minimodder

I would need it to work for 2.x. Basically, if you can make it so it exports something that acrimonious's program can read, thats great. I guess if that works out than either one of you could probably input a multiplier in order to cope with different ammounts of leds.

18. Firehed

Heh, I think I burnt out my 8th led somehow :waah: I was blaming the software i my head but when all but that one lit when the software wasn't going it clued me in a bit.

Grudge, I really hope you can get that! I'll love you forever if you can pull it off :)

Winamp 2.x :rock: :rock: :rock: gogogo mobius9!

19. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

IIRC all of these you can do just via the windows message API, which was ment to off been re-instated in winamp 5.x

Getting the track name can be hard because its a LPSTR returned (Address of where the string is in memory). Now obvoiusly in NT you can't read that info, as the memory address is ONLY valid in the winamp process not yours (the idea of each process been seperate). But you can just use the debugging API ReadProcessMemory and read it.

Making a plug in for getting info that is this easy to retreive seams a bit over kill, enless your wanting to make a vis plugin, do beat detection, have VU meter functions or similar.

anyway, my example winamp vis plugin, that grabbed data for a noritake VFD.
    http://www.0bytes.net/K610A4.asm for MASM32.

20. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

I use winamp 5 myself. I have found that the plugins are compatible between both winamp's. If i rember correctly, winamp 2 + 3 = 5. they took the skinning features and some other random things from , added them to the base of 2.xx and called it winamp 5. Infact the onl way to get winamp 4 now is to get the wassabi player from the dev files from the nulsoft guys, i think. Don't hate on winamp 5, its like a bigger prettier winamp 2 =)

Tags: