1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor Are there any N-force 3 250GB SFF MOBOs??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Flymo, 25 Jul 2004.

1. Flymo

Flymo What's a Dremel?

Just a quick question as in the title.

In the process of making my monster Aluminium cube, but also want something that can go to LAN parties with ease.
    Are there any of the above MOBOs available for the socked 754 Athlon 64 CPUs?
    I know shuttle are brining a S939 to the market, but I can only find the n-force 3 150 version of the shuttles and REALLY want a pci/agp lock for a bit of overclocking.

Flymo

2. SilentDeath

SilentDeath What's a Dremel?

Not that I've seen, but I focus mainly on the Shuttle XPC line.

If a quick Google didn't turn up anything, I doubt that one exists... yet.

3. Fronzel

Fronzel What's a Dremel?

SN95G5 and More pictures

No word on pricing or availability, But I think it is only a month or less from release.

4. Foster

Foster What's a Dremel?

There's only one SFF out there that I'm aware of that meets your specifications; the Soltek EQ3801. The new shuttle that Fronzel mentioned is a socket 939 chipset.

5. will889

will889 What's a Dremel?

From my perspetive, and I have built both Biostar and Shuttles, your better off by buying the faster CPU rather than overclocking with an SFF box. Limited PSU, limited space, more heat - higher voltage- more mods needed. Video card heat - not much space. When you start to mod a small box you will also notice that they can be even noisier than large boxes wich to me, defeats the whole purpose of SFF (for me).

6. Flymo

Flymo What's a Dremel?

This is really (primarily) gonna be a LAN rig, so noise isnt gonna be a problem there :D
    Even at home, noise doesnt matter as I ALWAYS use headphones when at the PC, and the PCs have their 'own room' in the house, so the noise wont bother the other ppl in the house..

It isnt necessarily (probably wont be) put into a stock SFF box. I will probably make one from scratch (probably a bit bigger than a stock SFF case, but not much) and will be able to design the case accordingly.

Flymo

7. will889

will889 What's a Dremel?

True - Lan rigs don;t have to be quiet ;)

Tags: