1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding I need info about this piece

Discussion in 'Modding' started by evilstriker, 26 Jul 2004.

1. evilstriker

evilstriker What's a Dremel?

Its a 90degre 1AGP + 2PCI extender
    http://www.mycableshop.ca/sku/PAPTXAGP-64.htm?x=17&y=13

I want to know if anyone has ever tried it and if so does it have any significant performance lost? I know these extenders are used for rackmount servers which dont really use graphic card but this perticular extender is a circuit rather then a cable so i would think there shoulnt be any performace lost but still i want to know from someone who tried it. It is for a MOD im doing and I will be usinga GeforceFX 5900 and I play games. So that is why i need to know if it will be slower or no difference

thx

2. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

they are rather well made boards with gold contacts there shouldn't be much of a noticable difference in preformance.

i would suggest double checking the description and pictures. i tried ordering something from this website and the description was non-sensical and wrong. i tried to call them and they would not answer their phone. :grr:

3. evilstriker

evilstriker What's a Dremel?

yeah they seem pretty lame for technical support because i have sent then en email twice asking for performce lost and i have not received any response. Althought they are not the only ones who sells them so I will mostlikly buy them somewhere else

but thx for the info

4. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

AGP you maybe be forced to give up 8x on, resulting to 4. If i remember correctly, the pelican case had a custom made riser that wouldn't let the card run above 2x

5. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

AGP you maybe be forced to give up 8x on, resulting to 4. If i remember correctly, the pelican case had a custom made riser that wouldn't let the card run above 2x