1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod Project: APHEX

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ErrOnReq, 9 Jun 2004.

1. ErrOnReq

ErrOnReq What's a Dremel?

I just get whatever's at Walmart or Autozone.

2. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

May I ask how does that bending brake work ? Looks very interesting cuz it gives me the ability to bend my own aluminum, " Straight " not like a company here that does it for me, but they do it a ****ty job.

3. ErrOnReq

The brake has a hinge in the middle. You place the metal sheet on top of the hinged part and place a giant metal bar on one side of the hinge. You then clamp the bar onto the brake. Then you pull the levers which using the hinge, bends the metal sheet around the metal bar clamped on top of it.

Kind of hard to explain, hope this is fine though.

4. ErrOnReq

Ok, finally time for another update! Sorry for the delay. All the top cooling compartment pieces are completely painted and dry so I mock-assembled them so you get an idea of how it will look.

[​IMG]

As I mentioned earlier, I have been working on more fiberglass stuff for the parts that will be covering the motherboard. There are three parts that cover the majority of the board, and others that will cover the graphics card and below. So far I have two parts which will eventually be painted with the black truck bed stuff. There will be a middle piece which overlaps the other two and it will have some sort of chrome or metal look to it. The notches on the edges allow for the water cooling tubing to enter and exit.

[​IMG]

I installed them onto the motherboard tray for an idea of how it will sorta look.

[​IMG]

Here is an in-case shot with a few other components so you can get a better idea of the layout. There is a lot of work to be done.

[​IMG]

Here are the two fiberglass pieces after some good Bondo work.

[​IMG]

I used the fiberglass resin to attach some nuts to the fiberglass parts so they can be secured into place with screws.

[​IMG]

Here are the parts installed on the tray and in the case.

[​IMG]

I still have to do some cuts for the airflow system but they are nearing completion. I have also done some more planning for the top of the case and I am getting very excited about this mod. Stay tuned for more updates within the next few days!

5. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

"Go ErrOnReq..."
    "Go ErrOnReq..."
    "Go ErrOnReq..."

Go... Go... Go.... Go....

;)

Nice work! Your fiberglass fabing is mah'volous! :thumb:

6. ErrOnReq

Damn right! I have fans! BWAHAHA

Anyway, thanks for the support :D

Today I am working on LOTs more fiberglass stuff. Two more pieces, and possibly the top and doubtfully the front of the case. At least I'll do the foam carving :p

7. theagent

theagent What's a Dremel?

i dont know why i like this case so much, but i do

maybe its because you make like everything ::)

8. ErrOnReq

You mean you like it because it is a beautiful work of art in progress, right? Right???

*sniffle*

Today I did the majority of the fiberglass work for two pieces: the part that covers the gap between the two pieces I already made that cover the motherboard, and a piece that will duct some air from a 120mm front intake fan down under the mobo cover to help cool the ram, caps and fets.

I also started the mock construction of the top of the case. Basically doing planning on getting the mold to end up just right. Hopefully it will progress more tomorrow and I can get some pics up.

9. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

at frist i was going to ask what those peices were for, but then i figured it out after i read the post, looks good, keep up the god work, PS. it is a lovely form of art, looks beatiful, and i really like your idea of using the truck bed protector, really original, (to my understanding and knowledge)

10. BadOldMan

BadOldMan What's a Dremel?

Bugger me gently with a house brick! :eeek:

Those are some chunky bits of fibergalss work!

It looks like you have done an excelent job! :thumb:

11. Nightingale_zero

Nightingale_zero What's a Dremel?

Nice so far with the mobo ducting pieces. Hope to see all the fiberglass pieces soon. I myself bought some fiberglass mat, and what I thought was polyester resin but because I didn't pay attention I bought fiberglass reinforced bondo lol. So now I have lots of bondo and no resin. Seems like you can get the stuff at local stores for a decent price. I got 8ft of mat for 3.84 at walmart.

12. backseatmiddlehump

backseatmiddlehump What's a Dremel?

Holy crap!!! Great Job. Can't wait to see what is fabed next.

13. ErrOnReq

The project isn't dead. I've done some other work to it which I haven't posted yet. But right now I am fairly busy with stuff at TTL and whatnot. I shall return!

14. Yaik

Yaik What's a Dremel?

Time to return ErrOnReq.....let us know what is going on.

15. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Can you not read dates?

Last update; 09-08-2004.
    Thats the 9th of August, two thousand and four.

Your just making the archives harder to find current logs.