1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

retard of the day

Discussion in 'General' started by kobaj, 29 Jul 2004.

1. kobaj

kobaj Banned

I was watching the news when some old guy found 40million dollors worth of 20$ bills. (Now this is the stupid part) he tells the government! So as the american government always does takes it and puts in a savingas account for later use. What was the man thinking, he had 40mill in his hands and he tells the government.

People just get stupider and stupider.

2. RTT

RTT #parp

He would have been found out sooner or later when his bank manager notices him suddenly buying expensive cars, houses, whatever. Plus wouldn't it make him a theif?

3. riluve

riluve What's a Dremel?

Finding is not the same thing as stealing. And it doesn't take much creativity to hide cash from the government.

No that I am suggesting anyone do it - but all you would need to do is open a business. No one is going to check to see if you really had any customers or not - esp if you open a business that is difficult to check on (e.g. services).

So then just report your "sales" and pay taxes on them and bamm - you're money is laundered.

Also if you can manage to get it to Switzerland or the Grand Caymons . . .

but anywho - I think the best thing to do is of course turn it in. A spoonful of integrity is worth more than any bundle of cash.

4. Smiere

Smiere What's a Dremel?

Well, he could have taken out some of it, enough to enable him to get buy **** with out it looking conspicuous, then reported the rest to the government. But what's to say he didn't do that?

5. kobaj

kobaj Banned

did i menchin he found it in the local dump so someone had to through it out

6. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

Damn those retards and their 'morals'!

7. kobaj

kobaj Banned

yep

8. Smiere

Smiere What's a Dremel?

I'd bet this "retard" spells better than you do.

9. kobaj

kobaj Banned

two word and a few capitel letters plus some periods. would it help if i called him what the news called him

10. Smiere

Smiere What's a Dremel?

Err...no. You didn't need to call him a retard.

11. kobaj

kobaj Banned

well i dont know if i can say what the news sayd here

well enyways they called him a...moron

p.s.the resen i thought it wasnt aloud is because we cant say it in my house but we can say stupid and retard ect

12. Smiere

Smiere What's a Dremel?

*nods and smiles*

13. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

the world needs more honest people in it, I admire the guy for doing the right thing and handing it all in.

14. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

I bet he has kept some to himself though...
    wouldnt be half surprised, your all calling him retarded, but how do you know there wasnt 50 million dollars in the first place? or maybe even 41, still, if I found 40 mil, i would probably keep half, and give the other halfs to charity as would do more good than handing it into the government...and no I wouldnt keep it all, I dont think I could as you would be so lucky to find that much, so its only good to give something back...also what can 40 mill dollars buy you that 20 cant? (apart from stupily extravagant stuff..)

- M@

15. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

10 to 1 the money was fake anyway. Better to report it than to try to spend it and get arrested for passing fake money.

EDIT: Just how large of a container would it take to hold 40 million in 20 dollar bills?

16. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

there would be about 20 million 20 dollar bills. so, take a stack of 500 cheets of paper, now multiply that by 200 thousand. so, around 500 thousand inches high??? (assuming 500 sheets of paper is 3 inches tall). hmmmm.... that sounds a little off... quite a huge pile of stuff imo. no wonder he reported it.. lol
    I kinda think I goofed on my math though. Although, I guess putting it into a square rather than just one great big tall thing would make it appear smaller.

17. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

And they are right, lol, man i would have taken some of it atleast, but who's to say he ONLY found 40K and not 42K?
    :D

18. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

god yeah, "honest" people... *shudder*

[/sarcasm]

19. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Im going to try and do the math. BRB.

40 million dollars in 20 dollar bills is 18181818.1818 MM thick. that is 1818.2 Meters or 1.818 Kilometers thick. thats if all the money was stacked on top of each other like some kind of tower.

BTW thats is 1.13 miles thick.

Last edited: 30 Jul 2004
  20. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

Who says he only found $40M? he could have found $60M and hid the rest. Maybe he wasn't so retarded.