1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: City 17 HL2 Mod by Bilbo Fraggins Completed! (with some bugs to work out)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Bilbo Fraggins, 9 Jul 2004.

1. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

I like the work put into this project but i feel this is Piloux's work, in my opinion a mod is something personal to you, unique, in this case it is not.

2. Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Tinkerer What's a Dremel?

Dont listen to him mate. This case looks great. Im sure piloux is honored to have people copy him. It is the greatest form of flattery. We all know it is no Piloux half life mod but it is still very nice. Keep up the good work!

3. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

A mod is a modification of a case/anything so this is by definition a mod. Copying something because you like it is a compliment, everyone knows piloux founded the hl2 mod theme but that shouldnt proclude anyone else from doing something similar i dont believe Bilbo has at any point attempted to claim this is a unique mod but it does have touches that make it his own. Great work, keep it up :D

4. camaro

camaro What's a Dremel?

this is a great mod i hae seen amny hl2 mods but still people put alot of work into them and i like them all if he likes this way than suport him so waht other people have done it its still a great mod :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

5. wo^tron

wo^tron What's a Dremel?

I cannot knock your time and work on the case. The case is cool, it would just be a lot better if it had more "Bilbo" and less "Piloux". :worried: I think that a lot of the "haters" are just mad because its all inspired by Piloux case. Not much new added to the genre.

6. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

From the dawn of modders time, making stuff blue has been a fad. When people started making the clear cubes (linear's cube pops to mind) it was a new fad. Piloux has started a new fad, as has g-gnome. Nothing wrong with fads, and don't knock the people following them.

It's mr Bilbo's case, and he can do whatever he darn well wants to ;)

Nice mod bty :thumb:

7. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Sorry guys, guess i got it wrong again :blah:

8. wo^tron

wo^tron What's a Dremel?

Following a trend is not wrong. No one said it was. Simply saying I wish it had more of a new feel and not so much of blackmesa.

I agree.

9. Bilbo Fraggins

Bilbo Fraggins What's a Dremel?

10. tumz

tumz What's a Dremel?

When i first saw these grenades, I thought they looked like crap, but then it reminded me that they look almost like the grenades from halflife, so they are actually pretty cool.

Are you going to use them, and if you are, you should deffinately paint a two red stripes on them like the ones from the game.

:D

11. Bilbo Fraggins

Way ahead of you ...(but i dont plan on using them they really dont fit the theme if you ask me)
    [​IMG]
    Also here is the mouse im using i think sombody asked this..
    [​IMG]
    And here is the cut out.. ive been lazy lately.. but i have got the tubing all done.. NOw i just need to hide some of the wires
    :dremel:
    [​IMG]
    I wanted to make the shape un-even.. thnx for you comments.. the next big update should be soon and i hope to have this thing done at the end of next week

12. -N4cR-Stigma2K

-N4cR-Stigma2K Banned

I also thougt about hanging a grenade or two in my case. But I was going to use an old pencil sharpener (?) which looks like a grenade:

[​IMG]

But it's a bit small, it would be firecracker grenade, useful in the war against terrorist ants :hehe:
    [​IMG]

Would you be mad if I ripped that grenade idea of you? Cause if you mind I won't do it.

13. tortuegeniale

tortuegeniale What's a Dremel?

looks very good !
    it's smaller than bilbo's grenade/can and so it could fit better on a case..
    bilbo u could use something like this !

14. tortuegeniale

tortuegeniale What's a Dremel?

edit: double-post

Last edited: 1 Aug 2004
  15. Zion

Zion What's a Dremel?

hey man the case is looking realy sweet, keep it up. also i asked eralyer but i dident see a answer. i have the same type of case and i was wondering what motherbord gose in it.

16. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

bilbo the "gernades/pop cans" look great, like your originality keep it up

17. Bilbo Fraggins

Plans/Things to do

Just to let you guys know...

First thing is to finish and mount the cut out.
    Next drill holes mount fan grills
    Then paint a caution tape patern around the outside of the top sides and the right side. :naughty: That will reall give a nice look
    The patern that will be painted:
    [​IMG]
    And mount lighting with some velcrow after that its prety much all done :D

18. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Nice work so far, I'd be proud of it.

Try bending up the metal on the window side some, and beating a good dent or two in the rest of the case. Nothing like battle damage.

19. Bilbo Fraggins

na... i dont want to bend it but good news!

Lights are mounted and cabling is done.

Cut out is done and in prosses of being painted ;D

Update coming soon

20. Satyric_saint

Satyric_saint What's a Dremel?

it looks alot like Piloux's idea but if its what you want to do I look foward to seeing the diffrences in the 2. just because you do the same theme as someone doesn't mean it will look the same. :thumb: