1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project : Little Boy *Small Update 09/16*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cecil-San, 6 Feb 2004.

1. Death Reaper

Death Reaper What's a Dremel?

Nice job! Might I suggest using a slot loading cd rom? That way you don't have the problem when it opens, plus it looks better. You can even put a blue led in it like Zap did and make the CD glow :D

The paint looks awesome, That color would look great with the LED's. Go with it!

Regards,

2. Cecil-San

Cecil-San What's a Dremel?

Yea....I thought of that...but since I plan on taking it to LAN's I decided I would rather have a multipurpose CD-ROM..that one is actually a CD-R/CD-RW...that way I can still burn CD's if needed...since it only has 1 CD-ROM...

It should be rather simple to adjust...the brackets used to hold the CD upright are only glued on...so I just have to rip those off and reposition

The LED for the activity light is blue also so...kinda fits the theme again..

On the paint..I haven't decided 100%...I really like the shark teeth design of the WWII bombers..but I also love that other scheme
    whatda think

3. Death Reaper

Shark teeth would look really sick! You have any ideas of the exact style you would use? I'd like to see em. Ultimately, it's your project, so whatever you like. I think the shark teeth would fit the theme better, but the flames are nice too.

Regards,

4. liuh

liuh What's a Dremel?

put some red paint on the front fan blade... :)

tell everyone the last LAN you went to someone got a little too curious ;)

anyways, great mod, looks excellent! <3 custom cases! :clap:

i like the pics of it in your car... heh, make people that are driving behind you wonder wtf it is... :)

5. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

my vote is for the bomber design. that would look sweet :rock:

position the computer so the exhaust will blow in the eyes of your opponents.

6. JavaDog

JavaDog What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I third the WWII shark-teeth/bomber idea! The blue/flames would be sweet too, but I think the retro look would be hot. :thumb:

7. invader crack

invader crack What's a Dremel?

loooking mutha' foooooking goood b'

1337 to the mizzaxxx :rock:

8. Cecil-San

Hm...well...<shrug>

I'm not extremely close to paint yet...but...I wish i could see the finished product of both paint jobs before I decide...heheh... :D

[​IMG]
    If I choose to do that...I'd lean more so towards this style..minus of course the "eye"...not too fond of that..

I'll prolly put a poll up for a couple days when I reach that point to give me alittle push either way...I appreciate you guys input! :thumb:

9. I'm_Not_A_Monster

and they say english is dead :D

.:EDIT:.
    how about some pinups on it instead of the teeth.

maybe you could make a stencil for each finger that gets bit by the fan, like the swastikas on the WW2 fighters for every Luftwaffe shot down. put it behind the fan so when someone points to the stencils asking "whats that?" you can add another stencil :hehe:

10. Cecil-San

I had originally thought of a pinup on the side...but as big as the tube may look...its alot longer than taller...and the way things are setup..I'd have to squeeze the pinup in....plus that and as fun as it is to create correct proportions on a curved object....I'd hate to have her look stretched...
    Although I was thinking of using a case wrap/decal type....but I dunno...lol :waah:

I like the stencil idea....use the lawn mower type finger cutoff decal...hehe..good deal..I like it...

11. invader crack

invader crack What's a Dremel?

just to get this out there after re-reading wut i had poster early

i really hate rap........ i think the joke of the slang as become to much of an every day use. must stop using random z's!!!

sorry for the hijacking :thumb:

12. Cecil-San

No problemzzz...er..wait...is that how its used?? :eyebrow:
    hehe...

13. I'm_Not_A_Monster

maybe a Bettie Page ( :naughty: ) where she is laying down ( :naughty: ) , going across the side.

google bettie page if you don't know who she is. you'll probably recognize her

14. Cecil-San

Haha...really pushing the pinup aren't ya Monster.... :D

Not quite to the painting stage..still have

- Major wire management

- Finish control panel

- Round off front for more of a turbine look

- Do something w/ the back (either cap off or slope down - tried both w/ little success)

- Fabricate outer pipes

- PAINT

The list goes onnnnnn.....ulgh....

15. I'm_Not_A_Monster

what, are you saying you're against pinups! majorly sacreligious! :D

16. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

If you do the sharks teeth, you need the eye and to complete it, its nose.

Other wise you'd have a tube with sharks teeth.. would look strange.

17. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

I'm voting for the ww2 style bomber look, with the sharks teeth.

I'll have to agree with RR5 though, need to do the entire thing or it will look somewhat silly.

Awesome work sofar!

18. toyomatt84

toyomatt84 What's a Dremel?

You should consider writing up a tutorial in the mod guides section on how to create a control panel, like yours. I'd be interested in knowing. It turned out quite well.

19. Cecil-San

Hey everyone! Just letting you know I'm still here! Been really busy and work on Little Boy has been slow...gonna take it to a local LAN party on Sat. to kinda show it off...see what other ppl besides my friends thing... :D

I did have a slight problem a couple days ago....I went to rework some sleeving on the PSU cables...ended up w/ me basicly wasting alot of sleeving and destroying some of the wires...fed up I took the easy way out and ordered a new PSU to put in...kept the old one to use as a test PSU..since..I kinda burned up the last one... :wallbash:

Sooooo...today something nice arrived at my door (ordered it weeks ago but the Florida storms have delay'd most orders!)

[​IMG]

Xconnect's Modular PSU...500W of fun.. :clap:

[​IMG]

Modular cables - presleeved w/ custom connectors! Just what I needed as I'm not using all the cables..and I definatly do NOT want to sleeve anymore! hehe

[​IMG]

While I really enjoyed the 10+ hours of sanding I did on the last cover...it never turned out this great! I LOVE the titanium (chrome) paint job..its sooooooo cool! I was afraid to leave finger prints on it! :D

Sorry for the lack of updates...I'm trying to get this sucker finished so I can start another..but..working so much doesn't leave alot of time to work on it.... :waah:

**EDIT**
    I have decided on a paint job....I will be using the pinup girl....found an artist's drawing and was given permission to color and use the pic...altho I'll have to wait till next update to show!

Last edited: 18 Sep 2004
  20. Death Reaper

I know this is old...but I want progress :(

Anything new? Is the project still being worked on? I loved this project...

Regards,