1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: 4MM0-83457(AMMO BEAST) *¡*TONS OF PICS*!* 2-28-05

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MrBurritoMan, 16 Jul 2004.

1. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

Nevermind what I said before. Front panel looks awsome. I am really looking forward to seeing this thing completed. Looks sweet. Loving these ammo mods on here.

:rock: :rock:

2. o0mercer0o

o0mercer0o What's a Dremel?

great work!!! i love the built in monitor. :clap:

3. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

ok i woke up this morning to find this thing waiting for me...

[​IMG]

now im not sure why people don't believe me when i say UPS sucks but i just have a sinking suspicion that those same people don't get packages like this.

well it wasn't the end of the world. this is what was inside and needless to say im glad it wasn't a HDD.
    [​IMG]
    man that looks like its pointing in the right direction.

and here is the beautiful radeon mounted in all of its glory
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

NO MORE ONBOARD VIDEO w007

alright im going to the shop to finish up some minor details....thanks for all the support guys it really does help. :thumb:

4. MrBurritoMan

Update 7-31-04

alright to start off i have completed about 99.9% of the work for this project. the only thing that i have to do now is figure out why some stuff doesn't work.

ok some pics to start off:

here is the computer with the front panel mounted to it:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    two different angles to spice things up.

ok here is a picture of the security circuit installed. it will take a while for anyone to figure out where it is to begin with:
    [​IMG]

then there is the view of the front panel in the rightside up position:
    [​IMG]

now here are pictures of the keylock in action. now i was suprised that this was one of the things that i got working and probably one of the most rewarding:
    here it is with the panel enabled:
    [​IMG]

and with the panel dieabled:
    [​IMG]
    it is red for stop and green for go :D

here is a picture of the front panel with the router powered on and the antenni plugged in:
    [​IMG]

and here is the picture that you all have been waiting for. the finished look:
    [​IMG]

now this project has some problems that i need to sort out before i can call this done.
    1. for some stupid reason my dvd/cdrw stopped working. now the only thing im worried here is not being able to get it to work. i NEED THIS DRIVE TO WORK. i do not have the $$$ to buy another one and i know several things which are not helping me calm down about this. a) it used to work just fine. b) the cable works. c) the motherboard works. d) the drive still ejects and spins up.

2. the ps2 is not working. i was messing around with this because it was working just fine however when the 5v was cut using the security circuit it still worked. i checked it with my multi meter there was no 5v to the KB yet it was just fine. so i switched the 5v with the data line and nothing works. i checked all of my connections and i am stumped for right now.

3. the USB apears to not be working. my bios is set to support USB keyboards(the one thing i did before i started screwing with the PS2). i will double check the pins tomorrow.

other than those three stupid problems everything else works as expected. i am feeling most bummed about the dvd/cdrom drive. I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY ANOTHER ONE so if this dies then I AM SCREWED :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah:

for now i am going to try to get some sleep and dream of a working ammo can pc :grr:.

oh before i foregt if there are any pictures that you guys want of specifc things let me know and i will snap and post them. :thumb:

5. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

This is coming along very well.

Your mounting skills are perfect.

6. godspeed

godspeed Banned

wont the antennas ubtruct the view of the screen any way very nice
    as for the cd rom it could be a driver problem

7. MrBurritoMan

1. the antenni are not a problem they rotate and pivot out in many directions so i am not worried.

2. i was not specific enough with the dvdrom the BIOS will not detect it. it is the strangest thing. i now realize that i might have plugged in the IDE backwards but other than that it died on its own.

wow thanks zap i would not call my skills in any area perfect because this thing has so many issues. it seems that your mod didn't have any problems now i would call that perfect.

i still don't know what pin to disconnect with the PS2 does anybody have an idea?

there are usually 4 pins that are active on a PS2 port. they are as follows:
    1: data (tried this nothing works now)
    2: n/c
    3: GND
    4: VCC(5v) (tried this everything worked rgardless)
    5: CLK
    6: n/c

any ideas? PLEEEEEASE?

8. Halgy3000

Halgy3000 Minimodder

Dude, I HATE when stuff just desides not to work, like my floppy, or my DVD-ROM, or my brother. But that front looks awsome, man. If I may suggest somthing as well, if you are having everything else built in (and mabey you are having this, I skipped the middle page) you might as well have built in sound. Just rip the guts out of some speakers and mount. Have military type dials for the sound controls. That would own even harder than it already does.

9. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

pics not working for me, thought i'de let you know

10. MrBurritoMan

well i thought of that but at LAN parties having your own speakers can annoy the people next to you and if everyone had speakers than that would suck. besides i have some problems that i really need to sort out first before i go and try to add any "features". it is a good suggestion though. see those volume knobs in the front those are for the headphone audio jacks so i already have volume control. i guess it wouldn't be that hard to integrate speakers....ill keep that in mind, thanks.

ok that is not coool though my pictures host apparently goes down so i start uploading all of my pics to photobucket(which is very nice btw) and it comes back up WTF? well none to say the least if it goes down again i already have all of my pics uploaded to another host so it is just a find and replace away from deleting photojerk.com forever. man so not cool.

11. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

k now i can addmire your work, cause they work and your case looks so nice, i must have ot say that it is comparable to Zaps case, in some ways better, in some worse, but still notherness, a master peice case!!!!

12. MrBurritoMan

serious? wow i never though of myself like that...thanks.

in what ways? i would like to improve things so if you do see something that should change or be improved upon please tell me.... :naughty:

13. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

It'd be great if you could get all of the metal on that front panel to match. Like the gauges, sockets and the fan grills to all have a similar finish :) And paint the fan blades the same as the case, so they fit the 'theme' better?

Please tell me that LCD is going to be on a hinge system like a garage door so that slides back into the case :D

14. Lupine

Lupine What's a Dremel?

It already is...

From what I can gather from reading this thread, it hinges down and slides in.

I'm not sure what holds it in position when it's up, maybe a chain attached to an eye on the back of the case, and which you could clip to an eye on the screen housing would make it more secure, but since you seem to have though of most other things on this most impressive project, I'm assuming you have some sort of locking mechanism already sorted.

15. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

well Zaps was the "original" ammo case that i know of but his was 2 cases where as yours is just one, which i think is better (can be argued) but one thing that i was kind of dissapointed with ammo cases was that they did not even have anything to do with ammution, lik i think you should get a bullet (take gunpowder out) then like have it as a knob of some sort or have it as power button, if you know what i mean

16. MrBurritoMan

hmmmm i find that intresting that you say that because i wanted to do the same thing however i didn't know how. well now my friend i do. i have some volume knobs that are looking quite naked. sooooo i think that i will dress them up with a few of these:
    [​IMG]
    :naughty: likey?

now i have to decide what to do with them. di i cut them in half and mount the butt end of it over the post? (thats what i was thinking to do) thanks for the encouragement/idea to help me continue with my origonal plans. :clap:

17. MrBurritoMan

i plugged my dvd/cdrw in to another computer and the BIOS said that it was a non-atapti device WTF WTF WTF WTF?? i am going to contat the company and make them replace it because I DID NOT PLUG IT IN BACKWARDS!! i know i didn't i check the pinout everytime and the way i have the cables zip tied to the rest of the computer it is almost impossibel to flip that cable. i am PISSED :miffed:. panasonic is going to be getting a call on monday....

18. Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Tinkerer What's a Dremel?

You could always add some rust! Hehehehe I love rust.

19. SanDmaN

SanDmaN Minimodder

You gotta be careful with speakers cos you dont have much room in there and speakers have a big magnet on them which in my experience doesn't go well with electronics. You could have little laptop kinda speakers but the sound quality aint gunna be that great.

20. MrBurritoMan

no worries i am not planning on doing a speaker mod any time soon. :D