1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which KVM ? Which Keyboatrd

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sk8o, 2 Aug 2004.

1. sk8o

sk8o What's a Dremel?

Ok ive had enough... If you have several pc's youll know what i mean, desktop clutter. So im thinking 1 4 port kvm and a decent mouse a keyboard to get rid of serveral sets of keyboard and mice...

I had a belkin kvm but that had a fit everytime i went from unix to windows to unix.

1). Does anyone know of a reliable kvm which will switch the lines properly.
    2).Also any suggestions for a very comfy keyboard and mouse ?

Thanks in advance... Sk

2. Foster

Foster What's a Dremel?

Can't help you with the switch, but I've found the MS natural keyboards to be irreplaceable. The split took about a week to get use to at first. Now though I find using a traditional keyboard painful. One thing about them that is worrisome to me, they seem to be getting smaller and smaller. My favorite of the models was the very first one that was huge, about two feet across.

3. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I found my 2 port sitecom kvm to be very good.

They do do 4 port ones, look them up. I can use my ms v3 usb mouse with a usb-ps2 converter, not tried a usb-ps2 converter with a keyboard though.

4. sk8o

sk8o What's a Dremel?

Thanks ill take a look.. ;) Have you used your kvm with a unix machine ? bit worried of spending £X then it not working correctly...

5. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Not tried with unix, but it worked with redhat.