1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please have your boredom pass ready

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by :: kna ::, 2 Aug 2004.

1. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

Roughly as you like, times the clockrate on the P-M by 1.9...

i.e. 1.6 x 1.9 = 3.04Ghz P4

I know the cache is important etc etc etc, but with alittle research, that's close enough.

2. Bluebark

Bluebark What's a Dremel?

Well…I don’t really see what the big deal is on battery life. I mean any road warrior knows that you have power receptacles all over the place in an airport. Most of the restaurants/bars have plug in points as well as the waiting areas…you can even get adapters to plug in to most power receptacles on planes. Now if your too lazy to pull out your power pak to grab 10 -20 min. of charge time…that’s one thing but for the average user most notebooks will get you get you from charge to charge with no problem.

As for the delays at airports…you ought to try sitting in a plane for three hours…on the runway…with the engines shut down (to save fuel)…because the airport is shut down due to a storm. You’ll love that… :eyebrow:

So Dane…how did it feel being just a face at the party?

3. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

Pro: If I puked or got unruly, I just hurt myself and they could just unplug meh.

Con: Missed actually meeting the guys and the US/Scot delay.

4. macroman

macroman The One

We all felt good him being there. :D

5. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

hehe, sorry to bring up an old thread... if anyone thinks it to be one :p

but I will soon have a new laptop. Thinking about it now, I should have gone either mac, or P-M. but I should be able to manage with a 3.06GHz p4 with HT? as well as a half a gig of ram. A second battery only costs about another 150 after taxes and shipping. and I should get around 2 hours of battery life on a full charge surfing the web and listening to music.
    My friend who got the same laptop as me, except a p4 2.6, no ht can get about 2.5 hours of battery life surfing using wifi (with music playing), and about 30 mins gaming in ut2004. I duno about watching a dvd though.

Is it possible to make linux (mainly slakcware 10.0) be more easy on the batteries than windows xp?

Also, good article, again :thumb: I am faced with a similar situation, as my dialup in knoppix only lasts for between 10 seconds and 15 minutes due to instability. And yet it seems fine in slackware, and windows is no problem (15+ days was the longest in windows)

Tags: Add Tags