1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pandora

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by malcolm, 22 Jul 2004.

1. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

I'll have built a few new cases by then, so it'll be ok ;)

2. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

dude it looks so sweet i admire your creativity very cool idea, now just keep up the custom work :D

3. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Originally I was going to remove the bracing and the unsed flange on that fan, but that idea got used on the hypercube. So I obtained a little more perspex and bent it around the outside of the fan housing. For the intake I used a little of the mesh that I used on beaker. I'm undecided on whether to leave it silver or to paint it black. It's just sitting their at the moment, once I've attached the fan for the final time I'll glue it into place.
    [​IMG]
    This part is an addition to my original design.. I just wanted to clean up the front a little.
    [​IMG]
    The hole is just to let a bit of the heat from the front FETs to dissipate.
    [​IMG]
    The hole will be filled in with a little of the matching mesh.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 21 Feb 2005
  4. berond

berond What's a Dremel?

B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l-!-!

5. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

This isn't dead, in fact it's nearly finished. I wish I could find a black rounded IDE cable with only two ends though....

6. BenJ

BenJ What's a Dremel?

Why don't buy one with three connectors and cut off the end you don't want.

As long as you make sure the cut wires can't short on anything it works like a charm.

Have had shortened IDE rounded cables for 18 months with no probs.

This method also allows you to use the shorter end.

Regards
    BenJ

7. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

Killed the last one I tried it with... :rolleyes: Heh, not that that will stop me trying it again if I have to ;) Didn't know I could use the two short ends though, thanks for the tip :)

8. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

I haven't seen this many red x's since that side scrolling vietnam war game... er... wait that would be red squares. Oh well, it's too bad because this sounds like a great mod! Fix the pics please I would like to see this amazingness!

9. kaotic504

kaotic504 What's a Dremel?

either i'm blind or the browser i'm using sucks (Opera) but i don't see any pictures. i read all the replies and it gets me hyped up, yet for nothing...

10. Stuntman

Stuntman Minimodder

It takes a while for the pics to load... But ther are their. And may I say that they look AWESOME. You, my freind, are a very VERY tallented person. ROCK ON. :rock:

11. Muon

Muon What's a Dremel?

wow, thats plane amazing, its a very creative use of fabulous plexi skills!!! subscribed and amazed

12. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

Had a touch of the flu, but still working on it when I can.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. The Lost Monk

The Lost Monk What's a Dremel?

whats the little gray panal?

14. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

It's a alpha numeric keyboard, meaning 0 to 9 on a panel, including some extra keys, like Enter, +, - etc :)

15. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Nice malcom. Coming along nicely. Bad luck with the flu but we all know thats just an excuse to do more modding.

16. papeniglio

papeniglio Minimodder

I see many red x's.... Bandwith exceeded? Anyway looking at the last two pictures (the only I can see) I can say it's a superb work!

:clap:

17. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

Heh, like I need an excuse ;) You should msn me about the calendar!

18. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

Still working on it... and yeah the pics are still slow.

I'm using it with a spare black LCD at the moment, and I got myself a matching mouse and keyboard. No plans to mod those yet, but you never know.
    [​IMG]
    Random shot from the front, the water cooling is hooked up. Currently the radiator is just sitting there untill I've time to make a new one. I'm planning on making a curved one that'll sit above the PCI slots.
    [​IMG]
    And a shot from the left. Those top two hoses just terminate into the side panel bit. Plan is to turn up some bits that fit snuggly into the side panel, and the hoses just slip over. They're just plugged with plastic bungs at the moment. Top one is fill, second one is for the fill level.
    [​IMG]
    Currently I've just secured a piece of perspex over the keypad with some dobs of glue, but I've got a guy laser cutting up some buttons, with little symbols engraved on them. Tried make them by hand, but it's impossible to make 20 matching tiny pieces of plastic with square edges...
    [​IMG]

19. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Nice to see it's still here, it's one to watch :) Good luck with the progress

<A88>

20. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

I know the pictures are really crap, but I happened to have a spare 5 minutes at 1:30 yesterday morning, and I really really wanted to get an update done.

Once the keypad is finished (hopefully this week), the leaves me with just the radiator. The plan for that is to cut a section out of the curved part of a heatpump condensor. That'll give it a curved profile similar to the side panel. And the HDD might get some pieces of copper strip bolted to the side, with the copper tube soldered to them.

Have faith, I will finish it! I've already got plans for my next two. I've obtained a Cheiftec Dragon to put a phasechange rig in. Lets have a pic :D
    [​IMG]