1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows You know you've been playing a game too much when...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Liquid K9, 10 Aug 2004.

1. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

you start hearing in-game sounds.

I was just reading a weblog when I noticed that I heard the sound effect of a person shooting a blaster from Tribes 2. Its a weird feeling for sure.

Whats worse is when you interact with real life like it was a game. IE, think about jumping over a person and fragging them at the same time, if they say something you dont like. I havent gotten to this stage quite yet.

What are your experiences?

2. fartonmyear

fartonmyear What's a Dremel?

i had a nightmare very similar to doom3

3. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

back in my TFC hayday, I used to think about sniping people when I looked out my window.

-Mike

4. apollyon

apollyon What's a Dremel?

I've had more then my fair share of these moments..... gets to be a little freaky when they start happening to often. Probably the absolute worst was when i first got my nintendo 64 i played on it for probably about 8 hours straight, if not more, was maybe 13 if that at the time. After i finally turned it off i walked upstairs, and i could swear that floating above each step was a spinning gold coin identical to the ones in the game. I actually stopped and stared at them for a minute, then decided i needed some sleep....

5. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

lolages!
    Well i just get reprecussions of games in my sleep :S
    And also i have been freaked by the dark, ( hey ive been playing doom3 )
    When i got in at 2am from a bbq i was closing the lounge curtains and as it was dark i though to my self 'this reminds me of doom, wait, i shouldnt think of that ..crap' and i expected something to jump through the windows so i was running round the house closing the curtains and the doorsto rooms ( so i cant see the dark spaces ) man, i know its a game, but i just freak my self out :S

6. Vixen

Vixen What's a Dremel?

I'm sure I've mentioned before that after completing Max Payne2 I had dreams that I was Max Payne, jumping around and killing people.
    Got my NES gameboy a couple of weeks ago and after one very quiet night shift constantly playing Mario I had a dream that my friend had to run and jump over gaps and pick up lots of coins. He was quite concerned when I told him... :)

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Im currently in negociations my bro and sis to not take their GBAs on holiday with them so as i can play 4 player FF:CC on the GC with my mates. Im even considering hiding them tonite so they cant find them when they go tomorrow morning. :worried:
    We've actually all got together for a total 20 hours so far (just over weekends and friday evenings isnt bad) and we've got advanced strategys and buying/developing guides all sorted and stuff. We've only been to the cinema once, whereas last year we had watched EVERYTHING that was on by this point.

8. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

can you not hear the demons?????? :worried:

click on the link

9. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

10. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

11. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

When doom 2 was released i had wanted the game so bad, so i bought it. After playing it for a couple of hours, basically until it was dark outside, i couldnt walk through a dark shadow, ie always had to stay in the light, and not to mention i made the gun shape with my two hands. Games make an impression when you are only 7 to 8 yrs old.

12. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

Was walking along up the hill by my house, when I heard a chainsaw start up, and it was EXACTLY the same sound as the Serious Sam 2 chainsaw weilding man sound, so I automatically turned around to face the direction of noise, and my hand just moved up to this invisible keyboard and mouse to try and shoot it... was well weird when I suddenly realised what I was doing, think it was because when I recently played it, I was eating tea so not moving and just on screen, until i heard the buzzing noise, then would quickly move to shoot it...

meh weird :rolleyes:

- M@

13. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I know everyone daydreams once in a while but I used to play counterstrike more than acron (I'm seriously sure) like 10hours+ a day, just play play play play like a nerd or something.

The next days of school I used to stare at the whiteboard and instead of doing work i would just stare and in my mind i would daydream and see myself playing games of counterstrike, "Fire in the hole!".

Once my teacher was talkign to me but was interrupting my game and said "Hello, anybody there?" :worried:

14. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

when you played pikman on the GC and star looking at flowers a little differently...

15. DanMcr

DanMcr What's a Dremel?

Too much Raven Shield for me.

The windows were open in my house, and i coulda swore my next door neighbour shouted "Frag Out!" whilst mowing his grass.

16. JavaBoy389

JavaBoy389 What's a Dremel?

lol i had the same thing happen to with game sounds

when star-wars roug squadron came out for the 1st time on the n64 i was glued to that for days. well the next day when i was taking a break i turned the n64 and the tv off to go read some maggs. and while i was readding them i started to hear the walk of chicken walker and storm troopers lazers guns shooting :worried: :worried: :worried:

17. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

your handle for *everything* is `Zidane or Zidane, from FFIX.... and your GF's handle is Dagger{`Z} and Garnet{`Z}..... because you made her change it before you would go out with her.....

18. Autobot

Autobot What's a Dremel?

Every time I see a helicopter fly by, I think to myself how much of a lead I would need to take it down with either a Stinger or and RPG. Yea....I definatly play too much Desert Combat. :duh:

19. ICDragon

ICDragon What's a Dremel?

ever tried typing for over 15 hours straight? you hand keep trying to type when your talking afterwards... :duh: :duh: :duh:

20. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

when you know that you can shoot though doors with a AK74 or open that pesky locked do with a breaching charge

Tags: