1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: 4MM0-83457(AMMO BEAST) *¡*TONS OF PICS*!* 2-28-05

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MrBurritoMan, 16 Jul 2004.

1. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

yeah thanks. i forgot to mention i will be taking the ammo lan with me. this will be its first trip to a LAN party my friends and i are hosting. world debut to anywhere. so if you are in riverside california around the 19th to 24th then PM me and i shall give you directions and a time be there or be...totally....uncool :p

2. lasoaaro

lasoaaro What's a Dremel?

Well Done...

Well Done My Man, Looked A Little Messy With All The Cables On The Outside But I'm Sure Something Could Be Done To Fix That. Anyway, Looks Like It Took You A While, So I Wanna Say Congrats! :thumb: :rock:.

Looks Good And Keep On Modding!

~!Aaron!~ :dremel:

3. MrBurritoMan

yeah i was thinking about those cables too. any ideas from you guys? when i use the computer that just requires five plugs and even when i am using the switch that requires another four so any ideas. i am thinking about extending the NW dongles so they would be a little longer but thats about it.

i have purchased another slim dvd/combo drive on ebay and i am awaiting its arrival.

man i wish i didn't have to move at all because this has just complicated things more. :grr:

4. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

You don't have to start every word with a capital letter ya know....

<ontopic> shame about having to stop work but enjoy the lan party! </ontopic>

5. BadOldMan

BadOldMan What's a Dremel?

How does "Concept by MrBurritoMan" sound?

Besides if it got that bad I'd be expecting G-Gnome to set me straight.. he's about 2 hours away...

6. MrBurritoMan

G-Gnome and i will be talking....anyhow yeah this would be nice to see someone admiring my work for once instead of the other way around. :D. i am intrested to see what you to. :thumb: (official MrBurritoMan Go ahead)

7. DrillSgt

DrillSgt What's a Dremel?

Well done, i had something similar in mind myself.

BTW, The name AmmoLAN is patented so fork over the royalties! :grr:

On Mini-ITX

And Custom PC

Twice

:thumb:

8. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Just have to say I love the integrated lcd, very nice :D :thumb:

9. ArmyAnt

ArmyAnt What's a Dremel?

Looks good, but for some reason ammo cases dont pull any cool strings on me. Did a great job with the lcd though, makes it stand out.

10. MrBurritoMan

well thanks guys for the comments and stuff. right now i am in washington on a slight family reunion detour. man car rides really suck....well i will be at the LAN party location later this week so i have to wait till then :grr:.

royalties? well if i was rich then i guess i could give you some money...as for now i think i will just change the name of the project to my origonal idea. :thumb:

4MM0-83457 (AMMO BEAST)

11. DrillSgt

DrillSgt What's a Dremel?

Cool name, you'll have to stencil it onto the machine with some yellow military-style paint.

12. MrBurritoMan

Props to Drillsgt!!

:D oh yes indeed i will do that once i get back from this blasted vacation. man i am such a geek. almost the first thing i think about when we pull in to a place is "...and what is the internet connection here?" meh oh well. i can't complain. right now i am squelching off of the DSL connection at a relatives house. this does make visiting the forum to type this ALOT more bearable. i was working with a 4.8KBps connection on a Island in the harbor of seattle. man that was hell on the hotmail accounts. all i could do there was check my pop3 email. when i return to my home i will definately give some yello paint to the outside of the case saying "4MM0-83457". that should look militaristic enough for anybody. besides all of the 1337 computer people will know what it says. cheers!! :thumb:

13. mondriaan

mondriaan What's a Dremel?

4mm0-83457 (ammo Beast)

Super man. I've seen several ammo-computers but they were nothing compared to this one.
    One question: How big is your monitor??
    Just wanna say congrats! :clap: Keep on modding :dremel:

mondriaan

14. hilmana

hilmana What's a Dremel?

wow SUPER COOL MOD i love it waid a go
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

15. Atarax

Atarax What's a Dremel?

Cool Idea Keep Up The Good Work

16. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

mmmmmmmm i will say it again, that is one mighty fine case you got going there, wish i had a 15 inch LCD lying around and all the other hardware that you need to make a sucessfull ammo PC. i give it 11 thumbs way way up :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

17. MrBurritoMan

hey thanks guys, it really helps to have support when i try crazy stuff like this. well for right now the work on this case has come to a sudden hault because of my situation in school. i am not doing that well in my studies and my college wants to kick me out, so right now my time is consumed in that :waah:. and my GF just told me that she wants to be good friends...talk about a kick to the crotch :grr:.... so i have quite a bit to deal with right now. i have the second replacement for the DVD/CDRW drive and i will be installing it before another LAN party that i will be attending soon.... nothing makes me forget my troubles better than fragging the crap out of n00bi3s. :D cheers!

[EDIT] oh i dndn't see that question up there... try to be prompt in answering them so here is an attempt to fix it....the monitor in the case is a 17" SONY LCD. the screen has had a rough life so i though that its weathered look would fit quite nicely....and besides the guy on ebay ripped me off and got away with it :grr: :grr: :grr: .[/EDIT]

18. Audigy

Audigy What's a Dremel?

nice case, very creative, but wiring from the outside looks bad,sorry :waah:

19. mondriaan

mondriaan What's a Dremel?

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing an update. :rock:
    Good luck with school :thumb: :thumb:

20. theagent

theagent What's a Dremel?

hey man, do you think you could link me to the guide for your router, assuming it was one of the 'do it yourself' ones with, like, the CF card and customizable firmware?