1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding First Mod :P

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Acehole, 8 Apr 2002.

1. Acehole

Acehole What's a Dremel?

Hi, I'm new to modding and for my first project I'm doing a lighty up mouse mat (which I came up with a day before reading Macromans so I'm not copying!!!! :p ) I'm gonna make Macromans external mod power which has to be teh best idea ever buuuuut I have a bit of a problem cos I dont have a soldering thingy and I dont think I can get my dad to buy one (Im only 12 :sigh: ) so would it work if I maybe just used sellotape to stick everything together as its better than nothing :lol:

2. Adam

Adam Minimodder

Welcome to the forums!

If I was you I would save up my pocket money and buy a soldering iron myself. They're under £10.

3. Acehole

Acehole What's a Dremel?

Where?

Do you know any good places to buy them as I'll be going to buy some blooooooooooo leds and some resistors tonight, maybe they have them at b&q?

4. SpikeyJake

SpikeyJake What's a Dremel?

Yeah u could get one form www.maplin.co.uk . They are doing a deal at the moment " Beginners' Soldering Iron and FREE Desoldering Pump " , The order code is ZF32.

5. Acehole

Acehole What's a Dremel?

Oooh

Oooooh nice price I might get that one, I thought they would be about £50 lol :lol:

6. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

wow. 12 eh. my lil brother is 12, i wish i could get him into this sorta stuff, he would enjoy it i think, hes pretty artistic.

wonder how old the youngest board memeber is?

is there a way that someone could check the forum register for the youngest person?

7. Acehole

Acehole What's a Dremel?

I had a look at some extreme brightness leds on maplin and Im not sure how bright they are but this is what it says maybe someone could tell me if these are any good?

Iv(mcd)20mA: Red (TLRH): 6000
    Red(TLSH): 7000
    Yellow: 7000
    Orange: 7000
    Green: 1200