1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project F40

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by lamcdonald, 14 Mar 2004.

1. Bones

Bones What's a Dremel?

Very, Cool! I love the color so shiney! I like the grill idea for the windows very cool looking great work!

2. Zepolcire

Zepolcire What's a Dremel?

If you put plexi in those awesome cutouts, are you going to tint it? If not, I was thinking how awesome some etched/frosted windows would look.

3. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

i love this project all except for the wheels i think they pu**** too far,
    how hot does that luxeon get? is it from lsdiodes? was the color from the led phtoshoped at all?

4. Bones

Bones What's a Dremel?

yea i agree i dont like the wheels very much either

5. Bob 1234

Bob 1234 What's a Dremel?

I have followed this from the beginning, this is pimp, I love the horse, the f40 logo, the shifter, the vents, the wheels, the amazing mirror red finish, I just hope you mod everything like the cdrom, stealth, make it a complete mod.
    :rock:

-Bob

6. lamcdonald

lamcdonald What's a Dremel?

This year hasn't been good for family survival :(... My grandfather passed away on Sunday night :waah:
    He was 95 and in reasonable health until a couple of months ago when he caught the flu. He never fully recovered, and on Sunday night we got the call :(

Ged: My workroom is 6m x 6m and FULL of stuff :blush: It's hard to move around in there :D

Thanks everyone :)

oced: The Luxeons get fairly warm, but I've got them attached to P1-style heatsinks so they stay quite cool. They're only 1W; the 3W ones get VERY hot :eeek:
    I ordered them from Oatley Electronics (www.oatleyelectronics.com) which is an Australian electronics surplus shop.
    The colour isn't edited, but my camera can't handle bright red for some reason :( The light is a very bright, pure red. Each 1W red LED is as bright as a car tail-light (21W bulb) :eeek:

Bones/oced: I don't like the wheels either :( But I have very little $$ and couldn't afford the proper ones :(

Bob: Thanks :D
    It won't have a CD drive (if I ever use it for a computer anyway :worried: ) Unfortunately at the moment it looks as if it will just be an empty display case (see next post)

7. lamcdonald

Well, it's complete :) Cosmetically at least...

These are not the "official" final pics; the weather's been a bit odd and I haven't had a chance to get any outdoor pics yet.

It's not usable (yet), but it looks finished :blush:

The problem is: To get everything working (tacho, shifter, sounds etc) will take a LONG time, and due to another change of circumstances I won't be putting a computer in the case for the time being. Obviously, it's not worth spending heaps of time on something I won't be using anyway... So for the moment it's complete.

I have done all I planned to do on the outside, it's just the internal working bits that aren't there.

Thanks to everyone who's been following this project :) Your suggestions and support have been a great help! :clap: Thanks also to everyone who has just viewed and not posted :D

I'll get some better pics in the next couple of days. The final pics will be higher-resolution.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lights on!

If I can get up early enough in the morning :blush: I'll get the pics then.

Date: Wed 18 Aug 2004
    Cost to date: $371.61
    Working Time: 172hrs
    Dremel disks used: About 55
    Dremels killed: Almost 1 :eek:
    Parts discarded: 3
    Parts destroyed: 0
    Next update expected: Soon

8. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

Really great work pal!! I've been watching this project from the start and have enjoyed every single part of it. the cut out is outstanding, and the speedometer is soo cool! and the wheels... I have no words. they are simply a amazing. not to mention the gear box!!! and the spoiler ads the final touch of sweetness :D

Great job mate. when is your next project? :p

9. Dwarf

Dwarf What's a Dremel?

Amazing. :thumb:

The Dwarf's sending you out some seriously well deserved respect here. I mean, not only have you created his awesome looking case, but you're devoting it to a good cause.

I have only just read through the whole thread, and your attention to detail has been awesome! Man, you did a great job on those ducts, and that tach is sweet. Shame it only clocks to 100, but still great!

Are the wheels fixed on to free spinning axles? Sorry if i missed pictures of them somewhere, but like I said i just read through the whole thread, and I woke up about 20mins ago...

So again, big repsect for this project! You've done a great job..

:hip:

10. Litecore

Litecore What's a Dremel?

man, this case is awesome! as a devoted fan of ferrari i must say
    that you've really managed to make it look like something those
    italian people could have created themselves! ;)

great work!

11. lamcdonald

OK, here are the "final" pics. Obviously it's still not complete, but I won't be doing any more work for the moment.
    I'm hoping to finish it eventually, I just don't know when...

These pics are a bit bigger than the previous ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. lamcdonald

(Pic 8059) When I was putting the case together, the part where the spoiler connects to the top, cracked on both sides :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a shame the project kind of fizzled out at the end :( Unfortunately that's what usually happens when I build things :waah: I very rarely finish them properly :blush:

Next time I'll know to finish what I'm working on before I start on anything else :|

13. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

I think it looks great :thumb: . Was worried that it might be a bit tacky, but it's turned out really well.

14. H2O-G33K

H2O-G33K What's a Dremel?

...and then start the next thing anyway like I keep doing ;) Great case - kinda looks a little bus-like in some of those shots though! Well done - some very nice work there - congrats!

15. TheSchumi

TheSchumi What's a Dremel?

Hey that should be my case :D

Great work... maybe you can make a little movie when its done. To see how it drives :D

16. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

i love the mod but i have two beefs one has already been expressed....................the wheels, and the second is the reflectors at the back covering the PSU, the PSU looks fablolous why cover it up? well there they are take what you want from them, anyway MOD ON!!!!!!!!!!!

17. theagent

theagent What's a Dremel?

can i get a product link?

18. Go4t

Go4t i

thats the zalman reserator there was a review of it on the main page a little while ago

19. Tt Ownage

Tt Ownage What's a Dremel?

That looks so good i want to pee on it......yea..... take that statement however u like it..

Only thing that bugs me is the front of the case where the meter looks like a huge ass giant clock...

I think u should get a huge Graphical LCD panel *red light of course* and work it as a working gauge

or a color LCD... anything works.. lol... i just don't like the huge bulky thing in the front..

and how u plan to use the cdrom?

20. theagent

theagent What's a Dremel?

i thought he said he wasnt going to

its not like you couldnt mount elsewhere anyways