1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox^PC

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by toidiochysp, 28 Jul 2004.

1. toidiochysp

toidiochysp What's a Dremel?

o yeah i just discovered that i have a VGA to TFT converter so i might be able to use my old Laptops LCD some where in this project

2. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

wow cool mod, good luck with it

3. toidiochysp

short update
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is a small 10.4" LCD that i have sitting around that i might possibly be able to use on this project, i thought it was dead til i disovered that its power cord had been melted through so it wasn't getting any power, any ways its also possible that i can use my ~13" laptop LCD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is my VGA to TFT converter that will allow me to use the LCD, i'm going to try to get both LCDs to work then decide which one to use

Last edited: 8 Sep 2004
  4. -N4cR-Stigma2K

-N4cR-Stigma2K Banned

Can you actually fit a full sized atx motherboard in the xbox? I was thinking about doing an xbox mod myself, but I didn't know if the motherboard would fit, or if I would find agp riser cards...

5. toidiochysp

6. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

could i just say dfi are the gods of all motherboards, i recon they should be called godboards when you get them from them. Hmmmm i want a tft inside my machine, how easy is it?

7. toidiochysp

Another Update time :D
    i decided to work on my ugly cut on the circle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And i believe i did a fairly good job on smoothing it out, now i just need to get a piece of plexi or a mini CD-r and sand it down to put there so i have something to attach the jewel to.

and while i was thinking about the jewel i decided it was time to learn how to etch since i am going to etch PC under neath the "Xbox" on the jewel
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

since i didn't want to destroy anything i took an old CD case to practice on, i think i did okay for my first time ever etching, and i'm going to keep working on it til i actually etch the jewel its self, more will come soon as i should have the motherboard soon then i can start to have lots of fun :)

Last edited: 8 Sep 2004
  8. TRrebel

TRrebel What's a Dremel?

you can just go to www.customxbox.net and have a jewel professionally etched with whatever you want in it. it would probly look more uniform and professional...no offense

9. toidiochysp

i want to learn how to etch my self other wise i would consider that

10. Nova Kain

Nova Kain What's a Dremel?

I like the way the jewel came out, but as mentioned above it would look a lot better if the cut was cleaned up.

11. -N4cR-Stigma2K

-N4cR-Stigma2K Banned

How did you open the xbox? I tried to open mine but I couldn't get it open

12. Go4t

Go4t i

there are four torx or star bit screws underneath the feet in the corners

13. MaxPayne3476

MaxPayne3476 What's a Dremel?

Hey funny enough, I'm actually in the middle of the same project, putting an pc inside an xbox. I'm just waitin for the rest of the parts to come in.

However, my idea has a lot of differences within it that you'll find, and this is my first time at bit-tech, so please don't say that I stole your idea. But so far your mod is lookin real good and within the next week I'll have my Project Log up and showing what I"m doing too with it. Maybe I'll look here for some ideas. I'm really likin how your implementing a TFT, however, I wouldn't go take that from you.

Unfortunatley, I'm from XFN, otherwise the hell hole known as Xoxide Forums Network. :wallbash: I've seen the mini-itx Xbox, and I've got to say, that while he's the original creator of the pc inside an xbox creator, I don't really like his mod at all. Besides a ROM box, which is what he uses it for, I wouldn't see much use for it. Plus his cuts look like they really could use some help with it.

Good luck with it and Happy Moddin.

Last edited: 22 Aug 2004
  14. BvBart

BvBart What's a Dremel?

I'm unsure of the viability of this, but similar to the PSONE LCD mod, wouldn't it stand to reason that you could mod those little XBOX LCDs? That way, you bring it along to some party lookin' like an XBOX, pop up an XBOX LCD, and... wait... what's that? Is that freakin' Windows XP on that thing?

OMGWTF?~??~

15. toidiochysp

i would consider that if i had more moner, right now i will work with what i have

16. Atarax

Atarax What's a Dremel?

Sweet Idea Cool Ideas

17. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

mmmmm taking the crapiest console (in my opinion) and giving it some glory

18. cogitoergosum

cogitoergosum What's a Dremel?

hmm...IDEA! :idea:

Get an xbox...puta pc in it...then put the xbox in the pc! That would confuse the hell out of people!

19. MaxPayne3476

MaxPayne3476 What's a Dremel?

^ congratz, you just upped your post count :worried:

So are there anymore updates on this?

My question, what all are you planning on doing for your xbox mod?

20. toidiochysp

there will be updates soon i'm getting the mobo for it this week and some other adapters that i will need, i wont be able to update it everyday though