1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Super blooo + watercooling |Big Update|Updated: 07-07-2005| -=Nice pics!!!=-

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bullfrog, 18 Jul 2004.

1. bullfrog

bullfrog What's a Dremel?

[​IMG] I just have to paint the molexes and fans one more coat, then they will be ready for reassembling. The two blue molex connectors will pluged into the cdroms, as they are the only two that will be visible. The smallest fan will be put on the nb for extra cooling. The send largest on the graphics card and the 3 large ones in the case. Still have to find a place for the 3rd one, maybe i will use it in my power supply, ill still decide and test which one is faster.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I modded my powersupply, by make holes in the side that will not be visible from the window side. This will give a nice effect, as there isnt a buch of wires coming out the visible sides. The wires where also dramatically lengthened for wiring purposes. You'll see how this will be used in my plan later on in the post.

[​IMG]
    I also modded my graphics card by adding a larger sink to the gpu and ram sinks for the ram. They aren't very professional looking as 2 different sinks where used. The first set of four ram sinks is an old pentium 1 heatsink cut up, and the other set of four is the heatsink found in an old power supply. It was quite a mission making these usuable as there where fins on both sides of the sink and i had to cut the one sides fins off. I stuck the ram sinks on the superglue on the side and put some thermal paste on the sinks .The gpu sink is also very skew, and the the holes for the plastic pins dont look very good. It was hard to break off the fins of the sink, because in some places they where very thick. The gpu sink will also get a fan added to it after its been painted. The most amazing part of it was that it still works fine afterwards.

[​IMG] As you can see there are all the ribon cables coming through the holes made in the mobo tray, carefully wired for minimum visibility from the front. At the bottom in a little gap you can see where the wires for the leds and switches and usb come from the front of the case through the mobo tray and into the mobo. To the top where the psu is you can see where the wires from the holes in the psu come through. In the top holes, where all the molex connectors and wires come out (not visible in pic) it goes through a pipe stuck on the top of the case.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Into a piece of pipe like metal in the case frame and through a little hole to the cdroms. I might cover the wires with heatshrink, so that they are not as visible.

[​IMG]
    In this pic you can see how all the wires disapear under the mobo through the tray and to the back.

[​IMG] I covered the cpu fan wire with heatshrink and stuck it through a screw hole in the mobo, only to have it reappear where it is plugged in.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    None of the fans are in the case yet, that is why there are so many empty fan holes everywhere. I have decided to keep my psu the colour that it is, as it isnt very visible. I have two cold cathodes in the case, one at the top and one on the back side, mounted vertically. I tried 1 at the top and one at the bottom but there where dark spots above the graphics card. Stuck to the bottom of the psu, you can see my custom made fan bus. I am planning on putting heatshrink on the wires that plug into the mobo. I have tried to remove the wires from the plug, but i broke the little remover tool that is use to do it, have to get another on. :duh: :duh: Pushed to hard, slipped and bent it to far and noooooooooooooooooo!! The one pin snapped off.[​IMG]

2. X-W4rrioR

X-W4rrioR What's a Dremel?

hmMmMmmz
    i have ur window right here :D

[​IMG]

3. bullfrog

Dissasembaling fans

Turn the fan around, on the back sidethere should be a sticker. If you take off that sticker there might be a rubber stop thingy. Take it out. Behind it there is a little nylon split washer. Take it out, this might be quite a mission as they sit quite tightly and are fragile if bent too much. when that is out the blades should slide off quite easily. Hope that helps.

P.S. Some fans are different and cant be taken appart like that. eg. some intel fan like my celeron fan.

4. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Wow, I've neve seen a case with so little visible wires, for the visible ones though, such as the ones by the CD-Rom drives, put the wires through some tubing, it will make the case look even better.

5. bullfrog

Sweet dude, send me one. LOL might be able to put it to good use.

6. bullfrog

I am going to put heatshrink on it, so it will be black. most tubing is to flashy.

7. zero002021

zero002021 What's a Dremel?

Looking good so far. Can't wait to see it after its finished.

8. bullfrog

Good to hear someone cant wait for the end result. Plz people dont be shy to post a reply. Will c if i can post some more pics soon.

9. Atarax

Atarax What's a Dremel?

that design looks really sweet can't wait to see it finished

10. R@Mo

R@Mo What's a Dremel?

If you bought it from Home Depot, they will swap it with a new one if you still have your receipt (within 5 yrs of original purchase date). My multispeed dremel lost its ability to regulate speeds, causing it to be at its fastest rotation speed even while on its lowest setting. I took it back and the guy at Home Depot gave me a new one no questions asked. Can't get much better service than that! :thumb:

and no, I don't work for them lol

11. Nova Kain

Nova Kain What's a Dremel?

Excellent job on hiding the wires!!! wow..

12. bullfrog

It not really an original dremel, but a cheap fake. I live in south africa and we dont have a home depot(i think). Besides ive already changed the bearings, so poof to any warrenty. It was my own fault, i worked for 2 hours straight. Can any of you get me a dremel and send it to and i'll pay you depending on the cost? There arent many dremels in south africa, and at the exchange rate it costs double if bought here. Plz help me out here thx.

13. bullfrog

Ok im working on the panel now, cant do much because of the dremel issue. I am just straigtening out the sides with sandpaper for now. thats as much as i can do until i get replacement dremel. Heres some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

The way you've hidden those wires is awesome :eek: . A lesson to us all on how to keep the case neat and tidy.

15. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I decided to take your idea bullfrog and clean up my wiring, and wow, what a difference it makes to airflow, cant see much wiring now, unfortunatly though I cant turn my HDD around due to the structure of the case :waah:

But it looks better anyway

16. bullfrog

Glad to hear ive helped someone. I could turn around my harddrives either because then i could only use 2 screws, one on each side. The screw holes where in between two holes, blocked by metal piece. So i juct cut the metal off between the two holes and poof i have turned around my hardrives. Cleanning the wires improves airflow alot and improves the overall look.

17. Litecore

Litecore What's a Dremel?

i guess you can say that cable managament got a new meaning :thumb:

but are you gonna put heatshrink on all of the power cable to your drives?
    could be me just thinking very badly today but you actually wrote so..

oh, and as you're on it, sleeve the atx-cable from your psu too.
    or you could do as some other guy on the forums who solded off the
    ATX connector and fliped it, just to get everything a bit more neat :D

18. tumz

tumz What's a Dremel?

Others said it before me, but plz DONT but a fan on your NB, Buy the Zalman NB47J, instead. Its a massive alu block for you right there, and it has plenty of cooling capacity for you. If you have a decent air flow it could be even better than an active alternative.

19. Heavytank2

Heavytank2 What's a Dremel?

Or, do the ghetto mod. With this mod, my NB sink was ICE COLD @ stock speeds. Take a P1 fan, and glue the motor base to the heatsink. LOL It worked for me!

[​IMG]

20. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

does the NB even get hot?