1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NForce 3 socket 754 roundup

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Iceman, 11 Aug 2004.

1. Iceman

Iceman Staff

NForce 3 Roundup

We check out five of the latest NForce 3 motherboards for your socket 754 Athlon 64 CPU.

See which board suits your needs best.

2. tmod

tmod What's a Dremel?

Nice review. My K8N will be here by Friday...I guess this confirms I chose right. :hehe: Can't really go wrong with any of them, although the price of the ZNF3-250 and Gigabyte are a bit steep compared to the others. The Shuttle looks nice, I'd like to see the pricing on it (can't find it anywhere yet).

3. Unixmonkey

Unixmonkey What's a Dremel?

Great Article. Its really interesting to note how similar the performance was across the different boards. Are the Via Chipset based boards also that neck-to-neck in performance?

I'm leaning toward the chaintech VNF250 or the Abit KV8 (with the VIA chipset) I'd like to see a better comparison between the Nforce & Via chipset boards.

4. Iceman

Iceman Staff

For the moment at least I won't be able to bring you a comparison there. However the NForce 3 board is the one to go for, I have a Kv8 Max 3 here and the NForce boards are faster / have a working(ish) PCI/AGP lock for overclocking and offer more features. I would advise you follow the NForce route personally :)

Tags: Add Tags