1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zalman CNPS6000CU / 7000A On NF7-S

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr T, 22 Aug 2004.

1. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Has anyone had any experience with this? Im looking at getting one of these as it should fit my NF7-S as the 7000A says it will not fit on my board although a few people have said it would but im still unsure. What kind of temps can i expect on this with a xp2400?

Cheers
    Danny

Last edited: 23 Aug 2004
  2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

The 7000a does fit the NF7-S, you just need to switch the blue and silver bracket things. It's just less space to get at the CPU socket lever.

No idea on the performance of the 6000.

3. clocker

clocker Shovel Ready

True, although you have to trim the left side of the retaining crosspiece a bit to clear the caps also.
    Takes about 2 minutes.

4. Mr T

Doesnt switching the 2 brackets round make it of centered on the cpu?

5. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

It does, but I noticed no difference in temps apart from experimental error. You can actually get the brackets on the right way round, it just requires more capacitor bending than if you put them on backwards. You'll definitely have to cut the clip, though it shouldn't harm your warranty since Zalman recommend it on their website.

6. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

You can also bend the mounting clip itself. It will help give you enough space to mount the heatsink, press it more tightly against the processor by a small amount (nothing dangerous) And prevent it from being necessary to remove any of the bracket. :)

7. Mr T

Does it require any cap bending when you put the mounts on reversed? Id rather not kill anything ;) Im not fussed about trimming the clip down though as zalman say so on their website. Also what temps do u get?

It seams theirs now a 7000B but they didnt make it fit easier :(

8. Andrewv

Andrewv What's a Dremel?

CNPS6000CU batter that 7000A, but 7000 dont good for NF7

So what you think to take CoolerMaster Hyper6 or TR SP97 with Enermax 80/92 mm / TT smartfan ll 80/92 mm