1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lian-Li PC-V1000

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 23 Aug 2004.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i was seriously considering one of these to replace my pc71, but i really dont like the cable routing and the upside-down-y-ness of the mobo ...

maybe lian li can compromise between the pc series and the v series ...

3. Prae

Prae What's a Dremel?

im not so sure botu the cable management i think it's quite good really, as all the unwanted cables for the spu dont hang down across the mobo, and are tucked away in the lower compartments, its not 100% gr8 by any means but with alittle bit of effort i think it could be a very neat case compared to most. Also the inverted mobo seems like a good idea cooling wise tho wouldnt really make much of a diff but allows aligning of that rear out-take 120mm pretty well. im slightly caustious about the part in the review about noise comin out for the little holes, if anyone has this case is this really an issue? im not one for sitting next to a hoover, or overly limiting my components to ultra quiet ones.

4. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I don't liek to have my mobo upside down with the fan near the bottom and the PSU sitting at the bottom, too I think it's a G5 inspiration gone wrong actually, though the looks of it from the outside are quite appealing visually...

5. Prae

Prae What's a Dremel?

what dont u like about it, do u mean visually unappealing, or do u mean some practical error with this arrangement?

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

mmmm... I'm ordering a v2000 (this one's big brother) tomorrow :D I plan to watercool it but I do hope my zalman 7000 fits in the meantime.... it'll be *close*

7. _rahoul

_rahoul What's a Dremel?

this is a sucky case. My mate just bought one, not only does it cost over $250 but it also fills with about a kilo of dust after a week.

sheissenhausen

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Maybe he should hoover his room then? :rolleyes: Or invest in some fan filters.

9. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

All together now:

"G5"

A nice looking case but to me it is try to be something it cant, ie an applemac.
    But if i had the money i would buy i, as it looks nice and i like the idea of moving the PSU.
    But they are not the first company to do this (Dell where the first company i've seen do this, as much as it pains me to say that, as they suck more ar** then any other manufacturer on earth).

EDIT

Damn me think that the V2000 seems *much* better: LINK

Last edited: 25 Aug 2004
  10. Prae

Prae What's a Dremel?

everyone keeps going on about the g5 connection with this case but its just the mesh front on slight curve thats the same it dose look quite abit diff if u look at them side by side. it obviously has looked at g5 in desgn, but i think it has its own design and just borrows some nice touchs from a nice case.
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

11. Hepath

Hepath Minimodder

Aesthetics aside...

Most people who are looking to buy a case of this ilk would expect 'standard' components to fit. Immediately we see there are three problems:
    1. The fitting of the PSU. I want my parts to fit the case, not have my choice dictated by what I can and can't fit in. I also do not want my PSU *frigged* to fit the case, it might compromise its design (yes its unlikely but why compromise?)
    2. Motherboard. For a case this expensive I would wan to be able to extract my mobo and work on it independantly of the case. If I have to work on it within the case, give me room!
    3. Cabling: that is just sheer ugly. I cant see any thought having been given to the its routing or layout from the pictures. Some of the cabling seems to have to stretch; yuk!

Already people have mentioned the dust problem, and assuming that the larger model is based on a similar desgin schematic, I would guess there's going to be some hacksawing/drilling to route water cooling through.

I've been looking for a new long term case and I when I saw this review I was hoping for good things. However its seems to lack some thought to pragmatics of real world people. By that I mean people who have the savvy to order their own components and build a PC to their own spec.

All in all a great review and a disappointing case...

Sorry Lian-Li, you've let the side down, I'll be looking at your older, more pratical solutions for a self-build.

Stu

Last edited: 31 Aug 2004
Tags: Add Tags