1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Resident Evil Apocalypse Mod? Lack Of Funds...Set Back

Discussion in 'Modding' started by lasoaaro, 19 Aug 2004.

?

What Switch Should I Use?

Poll closed 10 Sep 2004.
  1. Key Switch Or...

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. Keypad Switch

52 vote(s)
    82.5%
  1. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

i say but both keypad and keylock on that would be cool i think, it would stumble all the stupid people out there

2. timbudtwo

timbudtwo What's a Dremel?

or you could do 2 keylocks on both sides so you can have it where you have to turn them at the same time. Like military style :)

Also, for the reservoir here is what i envisioned. You can get some 1/2 inch diameter acrylic rod, and then you can get some aquarium airline tubing (you can get it colored) and gluing it to the acrylic rod to give it rigidity. Then you jsut slide the spirals inside a tube of acrylic, and viola!
    I whiped this up in flash as a visual aid, its rather crude, but it helps.
    [​IMG]

3. lasoaaro

lasoaaro What's a Dremel?

Haha, Awesome, Thanks For The Visual, It's Great. lol, Anyway, I'm Not Still Shure Yet Exactly What's Going On But It'll Happen.

Till Next Time..

4. timbudtwo

I hate describing things to people, i walways ahve to make a visual aid, even with isntant message conversation.

But yeah, i think that would be an attractive and effective way to make the spiral. Plus you could slam an LED into the center of the rod, and frost the area right behind the tube that you spiral, and the light will come out behind the tube, that would be awesome!

5. FourDee

FourDee What's a Dremel?

It should have a blue laser that cuts people in half :D

6. Rody

Rody What's a Dremel?

Someone said claw marks which is a great idea.... if cut a side window out you should make some bullet holes and claw marks on the plexi glass :)

7. timbudtwo

or you could make the clawmarks on the metal and pull the edges out a bit and ad a little rust to the edges. I also like the persons idea of the blood spatter, thats cool. A grid of lasers would be nice, but i dono if you can pull it off. You could etch a grid shape into the plexi and use red leds or if your feeling extra special, use a couple actual lasers, and get a lense to spread the beam out, so the etch will have that grainyness that lasers have :). Im excited jsut saying this, i wish i had the means to do so... :(

8. lasoaaro

I Think the claws in the Plexi Idea is Awesome, i'm so gunna use that idea! and as for the lasers, i'm going to see if i can get some blue lasers and set them up in the case in some way, not sure yet..anyway, i'm loving these ideas, Keep em coming :D

Thanks... :D

9. timbudtwo

you wont get blue lasers.

10. lasoaaro

You'd Like To Think So...It's Called Blue Cellophane (Plastic Wrap) It Works, We've Done It Before! Lol...

11. endscape

endscape Minimodder

Ohhh man, this gives me ideas.

/me runs off to find his dremel

12. Hekke1664

Hekke1664 What's a Dremel?

13. bbigboy101011

bbigboy101011 What's a Dremel?

cool :jawdrop: , now you just need the metal endcaps,

hey ikea got anything else this mod can use?

:dremel:

14. bbigboy101011

bbigboy101011 What's a Dremel?

15. lasoaaro

Yeh, I Like The Idea And All But Um...Not Really What I'm Looking For, The T-Virus Tubes Have 2 Spirals Intertwined...I'm A Perfectionist, Won't Settle For Anything Less...But Thanks!

16. lasoaaro

Hahahaha, OMG! Look On Ebay! look What I Found...
    T-Virus On Ebay.ca

Yeh, If I Had The Cash I'd So Order Those!

17. Dean_j2001

Dean_j2001 What's a Dremel?

just go to a local glass merchant... CAD up your designs on a cad package.. have him make the tubes from glass then use your school tools to make the metal ends.. surelly you have cnc milling machines and lathes etc at your school?

18. lasoaaro

I'm Not Sure...I Just Moved And I Haven't Started School Yet So I Don't Know What We Have, Plus I'm Taking This Year Off.

Thanks Tho

19. lasoaaro

Hmmm...After Looking On E-Bay, I've Decided I'm Going To Make One Of These Visitor ID Cards And Put It...Somewhere, Lol...

[​IMG]

20. Dean_j2001

Dean_j2001 What's a Dremel?

if u were really 'ub3r 1337' you could go to a card printing service then have them make up a card with a magnetic strip like the one u posted but with a magnet on the back you could then get a w8 dont quote me on this because im not Too gr8 at electronics but you could get a pic which reads magnetic strips you could have a magnetic strip interface where you swipe the card and then u cud make umbrella login cards where u swipe it to turn the pc on and off have it so it delays for 5 seconds so it stays on using the pic to open a logic gate for a while i cant be bothered to work out the theory behind it right now but would definetly be original and a cool idea.. or if u wanna go for a simpler idea.. you could have them make you a card with just a small magnet built in u cud then use a reed switch embedded into your case to act as a power switch